Chopin Works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chopin Works!

On NPR tonight they will be playing Chopin's Variations in B flat on an aria from Herold's opera Ludovic performed by Turkish pianist Gulsin Onay at the National Gallery of Art in Washing D.C.

"Nearly everything Chopin wrote had a piano in it. He even thought opera arias sounded better on piano." My questionis what were some of the works Chopin composed that were NOT for piano?

------------------
    'Truth and beauty joined'

Originally posted by Joy:
    On NPR tonight they will be playing Chopin's Variations in B flat on an aria from Herold's opera Ludovic performed by Turkish pianist Gulsin Onay at the National Gallery of Art in Washing D.C.

"Nearly everything Chopin wrote had a piano in it. He even thought opera arias sounded better on piano." My questionis what were some of the works Chopin composed that were NOT for piano?

Beethoven wrote for the piano too but this doesn't seem to warrant as much attention here, for reasons I know not. Even Schubert's 'Beethoven Variations' are more of a conversation piece than B's late sonatas!

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:

Joy,

I found this on a Chopin site:

"A vast majority of all compositions written by Chopin are works for solo piano. Besides them there are also pieces for piano and orchestra, piano and cello, trio for piano, violin and cello, songs for voice with piano."

I couldn't find where there was anything not including the piano in it. Maybe someone else knows different. I'd be interested to know myself.

Regards,
      Teresa

Comment

Thanks Teresa, I couldn't find any either!!

------------------

Comment

Note written by wife of concert pianist to explain why she was not home -

" I have gone Chopin, have Liszt, be Bach in a Minuet."

R

Comment

I've seen a doormat that says:

Bach later
            Offenbach sooner

------------------
            To learn about "The Port-Wine Sea," my parody of Patrick O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey-Maturin series, please contact me at
            susanwenger@yahoo.com

To learn about "The Better Baby" book, ways to increase a baby's intelligence, health, and potentials, please use the same address.
            To learn about "The Port-Wine Sea," my parody of Patrick O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey-Maturin series, please contact me at
            susanwenger@yahoo.com

To learn about "The Better Baby" book, ways to increase a baby's intelligence, health, and potentials, please use the same address.

Comment

Working...
            X