Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A funny joke!

Dear Forum members;

Someone sent this joke to me. I apologize if you have heard this before. I do not know who the author is:

One evening, a C, an Eb, and a G go into a bar. The bartender said, "Sorry, but we do not serve minors." So E flat leaves, and C and G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished and G is out flat. F comes in, tries to augment the situation but is not sharp enough. D comes in and heads straight for the bathroom saying, "Excuse me, I will
    just be a second." Then A comes into the bar but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor. He notices a B flat hiding at the end of the bar and exclaims, "Get out, you are the 7th minor I have found here tonight." The Eb, not easily deflated, comes back the next night in a 3 piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender (who used to have a nice corporate job until his company downsized) says, "You are looking sharp tonight, come on in. This could be a major development." Which proves to be the case, as the Eb takes off the suit and everything
    else, and stands there au natural. Eventually, the C sobers up, and realizes in horror that he is under a rest.
    The C is brought to trial, found guilty of contributing to the diminution of a minor, and sentenced to 10 years of da capo without coda at an upscale correctional facility. On appeal, however, C is found innocent of any wrongdoing, even
    accidental, and that all accusations to the contrary are bassless. The bartender decides, however, that since he has had only tenor so patrons, with the soprano out in the bathroom, and everything has become alto much treble, he needs a rest, and closes the bar.

Hofrat
    "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

After that the bar indeed should have been closed. No repeats, either!

Comment

What do you get if you drop a piano down a coal shaft?
      A flat minor.

Michael

You started it, Hofrat.

Comment

What do trumpeters and pirates have in common?

They both murder on the high Seas.

Comment

Originally posted by jman:
          What do trumpeters and pirates have in common?

They both murder on the high Seas.
          There's an old story about banjos & perfect pitch. Don't tempt me.

Comment

> There's an old story about banjos & perfect pitch. Don't tempt me.

Let's have it . . .
            To learn about "The Port-Wine Sea," my parody of Patrick O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey-Maturin series, please contact me at
            susanwenger@yahoo.com

To learn about "The Better Baby" book, ways to increase a baby's intelligence, health, and potentials, please use the same address.

Comment

Originally posted by sjwenger:
              > There's an old story about banjos & perfect pitch. Don't tempt me.

Let's have it . . .
              How do you know when a banjo has perfect pitch?

When it doesn't hit the sides of the dumpster.

Comment

What about the famous definition of a gentleman?
                Well, if you insist, here it is:
                A gentleman is someone who can play the bagpipes, but doesn't.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Michael:
                  What about the famous definition of a gentleman?
                  Well, if you insist, here it is:
                  A gentleman is someone who can play the bagpipes, but doesn't.

Michael
                  I always liked the far side cartoon in which the devil is saying to the newly departed spirit, "Welcome to hell, here's your accordian!" (It might have been a bagpipe, I don't remember that well.)

Comment

Working...
                  X