Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joy:
    Hi Teresa,

It is quite interesting to have different versions of different composers and orchestras performing the same music. You can really tell the difference in some of them. In my opinion, some go too fast or some too slow, of course this depends on your tastes. I really like Murray Perahia too and I have his Etudes as well. One of my favourite CD's to listen too. Let me know how well you like the piano concerto CD!

Joy

Hi Joy,

I will certainly let you know. I do know that the one movement I heard on the station I listen to was absolutely beautiful. I believe it was the second movement of No. 2. And it was also another very inexpensive purchase on Amazon!

Comment

I just received in the mail, Beethoven Sonatas played by Barenboim: Op. 27, Op. 13, and Op. 57. It's on DG, I'm sure some of you must have this CD as well.

Comment

Originally posted by HaydnFan:
        I just received in the mail, Beethoven Sonatas played by Barenboim: Op. 27, Op. 13, and Op. 57. It's on DG, I'm sure some of you must have this CD as well.
        I don't have any Beethoven CDs with him as performer, but I do have the Mozart piano concertos. I like them a lot. Does he perform any Haydn?

Comment

I am not sure if Barenboim performs any Haydn; I guess we will have to find out. I'm not sure if I like too many of Haydn's piano sonatas but some of his piano concertos are wonderful (very Mozartian)...how many piano concertos did Haydn write? Does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by HaydnFan:
            I am not sure if Barenboim performs any Haydn; I guess we will have to find out. I'm not sure if I like too many of Haydn's piano sonatas but some of his piano concertos are wonderful (very Mozartian)...how many piano concertos did Haydn write? Does anyone know?
            I'm only aware of one that is in the repertoire, there must be others lost I imagine. There are many wonderful Haydn sonatas and they deserve to be better known - take the C minor for example, a masterpiece.

------------------
            'Man know thyself'

[This message has been edited by Peter (edited 01-31-2006).]
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Carl Maria von Weber's Dances for Piano. To me they sound very Beethoven-like. I'm enjoying them very much.

Comment

Working...
              X