Beethoven Violin, Brahms Violin, Mussorsky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven Violin, Brahms Violin, Mussorsky

Hi can anyone please help me. I am trying to find recordings of BEETHOVENs Violin concerto (or might be the Brahms) but, Played as a piano piece?? Also Mussorsky Pictures of An Exhibition as a piano piece? These are for my father who is getting on a bit but loves these particular pieces as piano recordings and my own classical knowledgeisn't good enough to find these. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I truly hope that someone out there can be of some assistance to me!!!!! Thanks for reading anyway.

Originally posted by Arby:
    Hi can anyone please help me. I am trying to find recordings of BEETHOVENs Violin concerto (or might be the Brahms) but, Played as a piano piece?? Also Mussorsky Pictures of An Exhibition as a piano piece? These are for my father who is getting on a bit but loves these particular pieces as piano recordings and my own classical knowledgeisn't good enough to find these. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I truly hope that someone out there can be of some assistance to me!!!!! Thanks for reading anyway.
    It is the Beethoven one you're thinking of and I've just recently bought a CD on Brana records called the Beethoven mysteries which has it on - can't remember the pianist just now but go to their site branarecords.com and you'll not only be able to buy it but you'll be able to sample some of it and see what your father was raving about! He seems to have excellent taste As for the Mussorgsky my favourite recording of the piano version is on Decca and played by Vladimir Ashkenazy and there's also one by Sviatoslav Richter on Philips. These are two of the world's greatest pianists and interpreters of Russian music. If you can't get to a record store with a good classical collection then try Amazon ( .com or .co.uk) or HMV.co.uk - if they don't have these particular recordings they will have others - but do check that its piano as there are a lot more recordings of the orchestral version about. And for future reference you might want to invest in something like the Gramophone Good Classical CD guide which offers some great guidance on good recordings of the complete who's who of Classical Music! Good Luck

------------------
    Beethoven the Man!

[This message has been edited by JA Gardiner (edited 01-13-2006).]
    Beethoven the Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Arby:
      try this:http://www.branarecords.com/product_info.php?products_id=30&osCsid=bc99afad73c f61cee68fae77ddffbaa0

Comment

Working...
      X