Favorite Beethoven Piece to Play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Beethoven Piece to Play?

For most of the accomplished performers here this is probably a very difficult question to decide, however, I will start with what I consider to by my favorite piano piece to play. It is not my favorite piano piece to listen to (but that, too, is a difficult question!), however it is the Sonata Nr. 15, Op. 28, in D Major. I simply can't think of a more delightful piece to play than that, every note is wonderful!!

Originally posted by Sorrano:
    For most of the accomplished performers here this is probably a very difficult question to decide, however, I will start with what I consider to by my favorite piano piece to play. It is not my favorite piano piece to listen to (but that, too, is a difficult question!), however it is the Sonata Nr. 15, Op. 28, in D Major. I simply can't think of a more delightful piece to play than that, every note is wonderful!!
    I agree! What more is there to say!

Comment

It is not my favorite piano piece to listen to (but that, too, is a difficult question!), however it is the Sonata Nr. 15, Op. 28, in D Major. I simply can't think of a more delightful piece to play than that, every note is wonderful!!
      Sorrano... you have wonderful taste and I wish that I could hear you perform this absolutely marvellous, but highly overlooked because of its vastly more famous predecessor, piece of genius.

I too have a difficult time deciding if this sonata is my favourite because there is so much of the sonatas which I can never hear enough. They're all magnificent musical experiences.

------------------
      A Calm Sea and A Prosperous Voyage
      A Calm Sea and A Prosperous Voyage

Comment

Op. 78 is very enjoyable to play. The key of F sharp just makes the way your fingers fall on the keys a wonderful experience. WoO 83 (Six Ecossaises) is one of my personal favorites to play as well. Definately a fun piece.

Comment

well my fav piece to play is the rondo in WoO 27/2 for bassoon and clarinet in b flat major. It's nothing special and it's just a fun part but everytime I play the rondo I can't get the picture of giggling, drinking people having a good time out of my mind..I doubt you know that piece but it's really entertaining. Not a big work but nice :-)
          *~Ja, was haben's da scho wieder gmacht, Beethoven?~*

Comment

The bagatelles, too, are very enjoyable to perform, although I still have to stick with the D Major Sonata as my favorite for playing. After listening to many of the smaller works I've concluded that these little masterpieces may be examples of Beethoven's best writing for the instrument.

Comment

I agree. Op. 119 especially has some little gems. I know most people seem to love either Op. 33 or Op. 126 the best, but I really love Op. 119 for some reason. Op. 119 No. 3 is my favorite, I think. Op. 33 No. 5 is quite a fun piece to play as well, though.

Comment

The bagatelles, too, are very enjoyable to perform, although I still have to stick with the D Major Sonata as my favorite for playing. After listening to many of the smaller works I've concluded that these little masterpieces may be examples of Beethoven's best writing for the instrument.
                I have to agree too, isn't it wonderful? Particularly the second movement. Wasn't this one of Beethoven's favourites to play as well?

------------------
                'Truth and beauty joined'
                'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Working...
                X