Beethoven's Handwriting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robert newman:

I entirely agree that Kraus was never involved in the production of a Mozart opera in Sweden. What I suggested was slightly different. He seems to be credited with performing in Sweden a symphony that is today assumed to be by Mozart. Which symphony I do not know. But I will provide you the source of such information if you like.
    Dear Robert;

Yes, please provide the source. I have a long correspondence with the catalogger of Kraus' works. If he is not too busy, we will be able to discern which symphony this is.

Hofrat
    "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
      It was always assumed that it was written for the Archduke Rudolph, but this is not certain as it was Schindler who questionably dated Beethoven's association with Rudolph from this time. As to his being in love at the time (1803/4), I don't know, but the gifted Baroness Dorothea Von Ertmann had recently become his pupil.

Yet another candidate for the Immortal Beloved.

------------------
      'Truth and beauty joined'
      'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Hi Hofrat,

Yes, I will track down the source which says that a symphony was performed in Sweden which JM Kraus oversaw - that same work being today regarded as a symphony by Mozart. I will post my findings on this subject as soon as possible. (As previously mentioned, I do not know which specific symphony this was and would have remembered if that information was given by the source).

Regards,

Robert

Comment

Working...
        X