Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Classical Mood

Greetings all--

I'm looking for classical CDs entitled In Classical Mood, with different subtitles such as Tranquility, Serenity, many more. I belonged to a club at one time and received several of these CDs but they stopped sending them to me all of a sudden. I've been able to add to my collection somewhat through Ebay, but don't seem to be able to find any kind of distributor or other means of getting them. The CDs have various composers and it's been a great way for me to hear different, more obscure composers than I might normally listen to. They come with a nice booklet, too. The label is EMI Records but they don't seem to have a search engine to search for titles, so I'm stuck. Overall, just really nice classical CDs. If anyone knows where I can find them I'd be most grateful.

Regards,
    Teresa

You could try Amazon and simply type in words in the classical section such as mood, relaxation, calm, meditation etc and see what comes up!

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Teresa, have you tried K Mart? Our K Mart store has a section of classical music and 'mood' music wehere you can buy piano music which reflects different moods. Come to think about it, our Walmart also has a section like this. You can also listen to selections of the Cd's to see whether this would be what you are looking for. Don't know if they have specific CD's entitled in Classical Mood though.

------------------
      'Truth and beauty joined'

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited 09-30-2005).]
      'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

I have the one called "serenity" which ,as you say. has some interesting lesser known - well at least to me - pieces amongst the more obvious choices. I was given this by someone who had picked it up a charity shop. I don't know if you're in England or know someone who is but I know our Oxfam shops have a scheme where you can ask them to look ut for a particular title and if it comes into one of their shops they will let you know. If you're elsewhere maybe one of your charity shop chains has a similar scheme.

------------------
        Beethoven the Man!
        Beethoven the Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
          Teresa, have you tried K Mart? Our K Mart store has a section of classical music and 'mood' music wehere you can buy piano music which reflects different moods. Come to think about it, our Walmart also has a section like this. You can also listen to selections of the Cd's to see whether this would be what you are looking for. Don't know if they have specific CD's entitled in Classical Mood though.

I appreciate all your suggestions - I checked on Ebay again this morning and they seem to be my best bet, sporadic is they may be.

Teresa

Comment

Originally posted by Teresa:
            Greetings all--

I'm looking for classical CDs entitled In Classical Mood, with different subtitles such as Tranquility, Serenity, many more. I belonged to a club at one time and received several of these CDs but they stopped sending them to me all of a sudden..... If anyone knows where I can find them I'd be most grateful.

Regards,
            Teresa
            Have you tried the publishers web site www.imponline.com ? Using the Contact Us link you can find the relevant contact details and specific web site for your country and because they keep all records, you can resume your collection where you left off. You can do this online by using your customer number (if you still have it) to log in or you can contact them directly.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil01:
              Have you tried the publishers web site www.imponline.com ? Using the Contact Us link you can find the relevant contact details and specific web site for your country and because they keep all records, you can resume your collection where you left off. You can do this online by using your customer number (if you still have it) to log in or you can contact them directly.
              Thanks very much for the suggestion, but I've finally completed the collection, through various sellers on Ebay and Amazon. It took awhile, but I just won the last one I was looking for just last week on Ebay and should be getting it shortly from the UK. I highly recommend these CDs to anyone who wants to broaden their classical music interests. They've introduced me to new composers I normally would not have thought to check out, and it has been well worth the time to track these CDs down. They all come with a little booklet with a brief history of the composers and the pieces.

Regards,
              Teresa

Comment

Working...
              X