No announcement yet.

Copying Beethoven (contd)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful pictures,oh boy ! now I'm really excited to see the film.
    "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
      Regarding the photos only one word comes to mind, WOW!! OK, maybe another word, AMAZING!!
      Thanks for putting them up on the forum. What a treat to see the actors transform like that! Ed Harris looks great in the part. I'm so glad he's suceeding so splendidly as Beethoven! When you talk to him again please let him know how wonderful he is playing the part of our beloved composer and how pleased we all are with his portrayal!

I only wish you could see the dailies. Ed's performance is brilliant, and Diane is wonderful. The sets and costumes are absolutely spot on, and they are being lighted with an eye to reproducing the natural and candle light of the period. Next week they shoot the premier of the 9th. That will be a real turning point. I'll try to send pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by srivele:

I only wish you could see the dailies. Ed's performance is brilliant, and Diane is wonderful. The sets and costumes are absolutely spot on, and they are being lighted with an eye to reproducing the natural and candle light of the period. Next week they shoot the premier of the 9th. That will be a real turning point. I'll try to send pictures.
        I wish I could see the dailies too!!!! How exciting! I'm glad to hear you are reproducing the candle light feel of that era, very important to capture the mood and atmosphere of that time. Would love to see more pictures and of the 9th as well. Everyone I've talked to is really exciting about seeing this film! Thanks for everything!

------------------
        'Truth and beauty joined'

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited 05-02-2005).]

Comment

I must say that I am most impressed by Ed Harris as Beethoven, he looks great! Anna Holtz looks lovely. I always think a film is off to a flying start when the details are authentic, and this one looks absolutley first rate.... cant't wait to see it.

------------------

~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~
          ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Originally posted by spaceray:
            Wonderful pictures,oh boy ! now I'm really excited to see the film.
            Me too!

Comment

Thank you for pointing this out; I was unaware that the publicity people had set this up. So, now that the cat is out of the bag, I think I can safely send Peter some production stills.
              You guys are an Angel! *grin* Those pictures are so amazing...especially on Ed Harris as Beethoven!! :-D

Comment

Originally posted by ~Immortal Beloved~:
                You guys are an Angel! *grin* Those pictures are so amazing...especially on Ed Harris as Beethoven!! :-D

I have just seen the dailies for the premier of the Grosse Fugue. It is so exciting to see the film with the music, and to watch Beethoven watching the performance. The next set will be the Schlemmer scenes, and then the 9th. Wish us luck.

Comment

Of course, good luck!! Let us know how the pemiere of the 9th goes. To me that seems like it would be a difficult scene to shoot
                  given it's complexity of the music and all that was happening during that special moment in history.

------------------

Comment

Members will notice that the page about this film has been removed - this is because the pictures have not been officially released and we have been asked to remove them.

------------------
                    'Man know thyself'
                    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
                      Members will notice that the page about this film has been removed - this is because the pictures have not been officially released and we have been asked to remove them.

This is my fault. I was not aware that the actors have in their contracts a clause that entitles them to pre-approve all images of them for release. Only the portrait of Ed as LvB that appeared in TIME has so far been approved. As images become available, I will send them along. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

This is my fault. I was not aware that the actors have in their contracts a clause that entitles them to pre-approve all images of them for release. Only the portrait of Ed as LvB that appeared in TIME has so far been approved. As images become available, I will send them along. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.
                        Well this is one of those things and we will put the page back once they are officially released - good luck with the production and please keep us up to date. How is Nicholas Jones shaping up as an Archduke?

------------------
                        'Man know thyself'
                        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
                          Well this is one of those things and we will put the page back once they are officially released - good luck with the production and please keep us up to date. How is Nicholas Jones shaping up as an Archduke?

I have seen his scenes in the dailies and I can tell you that he is wonderful.

Comment

SR; are they filming the premiere of the 9th Symphony this week and how's that going?

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
                              SR; are they filming the premiere of the 9th Symphony this week and how's that going?

I expect I'll find out soon.

Comment

I have just seen the dailies for the premier of the Grosse Fugue. It is so exciting to see the film with the music, and to watch Beethoven watching the performance. The next set will be the Schlemmer scenes, and then the 9th. Wish us luck.
                                may god give you and the cast the best wishes from earth and beyond.

Comment

Working...
                                X