Copying Beethoven (contd)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srivele:
    Copies of the death mask are usually for sale on Ebay. You can write to Ed care of CAA, 9830 Wilshire Boulevard, Beverly Hills, CA 90212.
    I should've thought of that; everything is on eBay. Thanks for the information.

Comment

Anything new to report?

Comment

Can't wait for the trailer!! =D
        hi.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainStigmata:
          Anything new to report?
          We expect a rough cut of the film in four weeks. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

I am interested to know will Missa Solemnis be played on the movie?

Comment

Yeah, can you give us any hints on what's being played? Will we see the Hammerklavier sonata?

Comment

Originally posted by Nightklavier:
                Yeah, can you give us any hints on what's being played? Will we see the Hammerklavier sonata?
                Well, I doubt that you'll see the Hammerklavier but you may hear it. As for the Missa Solemnis, I do not believe it will be used. Please bear in mind that a film is not like a concert. It is cut into small bits and moves quickly, and any musical selections will, necessarily, be very brief. What I can tell you is that portions of the Ninth Symphony, the Grosse Fugue, the string quartets op. 131 and 132 will be used, as well as snippets of the piano sonatas op. 110 and 111. Beyond that, I cannot yet be sure what pieces will be excerpted for the soundtrack and score. I will let you know as soon as I know with some certainty.

Comment

SR: Sounds like some pretty great music will be included. Who picks the final choices for the soundtrack?
                  Also, do you know when your film will start being advertised on Entertainment television shows or magazines? I've seen some advertisments already for pictures that will be out in December and they're even talking about some which will be released in the spring of next year and I was just wondering how far in advance can the films be advertised (in particular yours)? Thanks!

------------------
                  'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
                    SR: Sounds like some pretty great music will be included. Who picks the final choices for the soundtrack?
                    Also, do you know when your film will start being advertised on Entertainment television shows or magazines? I've seen some advertisments already for pictures that will be out in December and they're even talking about some which will be released in the spring of next year and I was just wondering how far in advance can the films be advertised (in particular yours)? Thanks!

I think the final choices will be dictated by the film itself: the running time of sequences, the requirements of the script, the availability of licensing for specific pieces and performances. Ultimately, the decisions will be made by the director in conjunction with the film editor and the music supervisor, and (I hope) in consultation with the writer/producers. We are supposed to have a meeting in the next week or two to discuss marketing strategy. I know that a trailer is being cut for the Toronto Film Festival, but beyond that no decisions have been made.

Comment

I think the final choices will be dictated by the film itself: the running time of sequences, the requirements of the script, the availability of licensing for specific pieces and performances. Ultimately, the decisions will be made by the director in conjunction with the film editor and the music supervisor, and (I hope) in consultation with the writer/producers. We are supposed to have a meeting in the next week or two to discuss marketing strategy. I know that a trailer is being cut for the Toronto Film Festival, but beyond that no decisions have been made.
                      Thanks for the update. Would you discuss in the meeting that the film will be shown in which film festival?

Comment

I know that a trailer is being cut for the Toronto Film Festival, but beyond that no decisions have been made.
                        Will the film be shown at the Toronto film Festival, or just the trailer?

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainStigmata:
                          Will the film be shown at the Toronto film Festival, or just the trailer?

My understanding is that only the trailer will be shown to try to generate interest among distributors.

Comment

Happy to know that the production team is going to discuss about marketing strategy, it mean that we're getting closer to see the product. Just wonder if the cast will attend the meeting? By the way, hoping the trailer will generate interest among distributors from all over the world!

Comment

Originally posted by mariang:
                              Happy to know that the production team is going to discuss about marketing strategy, it mean that we're getting closer to see the product. Just wonder if the cast will attend the meeting? By the way, hoping the trailer will generate interest among distributors from all over the world!

Yes, we're looking for international distribution. And no, the cast (and crew) have dispersed to other projects. They probably will not reassemble until the premiere.

Comment

Anything new, Stephen?

------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X