may I join? ludwig's birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

may I join? ludwig's birthday

Hi everybody, I am a new member, please don't note my English; I am Italian and actually, I was a teacher of English but I'm not updated to your slang...So my language will sound a bit "scholar". I adore L. and like this forum very much. I've been longing for the new film, I hope it will come to Italy! Oops, my time at the library internet point is over. Happy birthday Ludwig!

Welcome to the forum Terry - although the exact date of Beethoven's birth is not certain, he was baptised on the 17th Dec 1770 and as the custom was for this to take place within 24 hours of birth, it is most likely that he was born on 16th December.

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum Terry. I too will join you in wishing Ludwig "Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag!"

------------------
      "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly."
      - Beethoven 1804.
      "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

yeah happy birthday :-) and hi terry
        *~Ja, was haben's da scho wieder gmacht, Beethoven?~*

Comment

Yep, the 16th is my date of preference. Happy 235th Birthday, Ludwig! In honour of this momentous occasion, it was the Ninth this morning.

Daz

------------------
          Seizing fate by the throat...
          Seizing fate by the throat...

Comment

Happy birthday dear Ludwig!

Comment

Happy Birthday Ludwig! December 16th, 1770, this is the date widely celebrated as the birthday of composer Ludwig van Beethoven. He was baptized in Bonn, Germany on December 17, 1770. Sometime ago I heard of a piano piece entitled, "Happy Birthday, Ludwig". The name of the composer I believe is Leonid Hambro and he arranged the "Happy Birthday" song in the style of Beethoven. There are six variations of this song arranged in the styles of such works as Fur Elise The Pathetique and The Moonlight Sonata. Humbro basically borrowed motives and themes from these works for the arrangements of these songs. I remember that they were quite clever.

Anyone interested in looking at some Beethoven Birthday e-cards check out:
              http://www.123greetings.com/events/beethoven_day/

The Ninth sounds like a great piece to listen to today in honour of this great composer!!

------------------
              'Truth and beauty joined'
              'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Working...
              X