Favourite Conductor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sorrano:
    Though I am a little late with my reply I have to say that after Toscanini I have to go with Solti; I find most if not all of his interpretations of major works very satisfying.

Though I am a little late with my reply I have to say that after Toscanini I have to go with Solti; I find most if not all of his interpretations of major works very satisfying.

I have to agree at least partially with this. First, I am a little late replying, but have only just joined.

I live in Chicago and was lucky enough to see and hear Sir George conduct a number of works. I think he loved Beethoven's work.

He gets my vote.

Cheers,

Tony
    2003 Indi Blue MINI Cooper, White sunroof, Sport pack, Premium pack, Cold Weather pack
    ====
    Work like you don't need the money.
    Love like you've never been hurt.
    Dance like nobody's watching.
    Sing like nobody's listening.
    Live like it's heaven on earth.
    ====

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano:
      Solti I find can be a little over emphatic. This might suit some pieces, but others it distorts. It is as if he is trying to find climatic moments in virtually every passage.
      "It is only as an aesthetic experience that existence is eternally justified" - Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Steppenwolf:
        Solti I find can be a little over emphatic. This might suit some pieces, but others it distorts. It is as if he is trying to find climatic moments in virtually every passage.
        Or, you might say, he was trying to make every phrase meaningful.

Comment

Working...
        X