Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beeethoven on Wiki

Beethoven is on Wiki, the free encycopeda.Here is a exceprt:

"Ludwig van Beethoven (baptized 17 December 1770; died 26 March 1827) was a German composer of classical music, who predominantly lived in Vienna, Austria. He was a major musical figure in the transitional period between the Classical and Romantic eras. Beethoven is widely regarded as one of the greatest composers in history, and by many as the greatest of all time. His reputation has inspired—and in many cases intimidated—composers, musicians, and audiences who were to come after him. Among his most widely-recognized works are his Fifth Symphony, Ninth Symphony, Sixth Symphony, the piano piece Für Elise, the Pathétique Sonata and the Moonlight Sonata. In a recent, comprehensive statistical study of excellence, Beethoven was tied with Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart as the most important musician in human history."

Here is the link: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludwig_van_Beethoven

So far,hte only one eof the familiar songs I havent heard is PathetiqueSonata. Are there links to that one here?

Hey,this is what i've been trying to say for a long time in another thread)...that B is understand by so many different ppl from different walks of life--->(from Wiki) "Considering the depth and extent of Beethoven's artistic explorations, as well as the composer's success in making himself comprehensible to the widest possible audience, the Austrian-born British musician and writer Hans Keller pronounced Beethoven "humanity's greatest mind altogether".

I used to have some reading problems,i read a couple levels behind,so reading for me is something i need to constantly do in order to stay fresh and up to date. i do all my reading online now and its easier for me to do that then to read a alot of the textbooks.

So now that i have an interest in learning more about Beethoven and his life,its easier for me to get deeper into the music theory stuff -even tho i don't play an instrument right now (not counting bass drum in the marching band).

so his genus is a gift to us to show how to press on during problems. Thats the biggest thing i take from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Classy_The_Virgin:

I used to have some reading problems,i read a couple levels behind,so reading for me is something i need to constantly do in order to stay fresh and up to date.
      Classy, you may not read so well, but you have some of the best posts.

And here I was, expecting to find Beethoven in Hawaii. I can write good, I just can't read.

Well, why not? Overture op. 42 for grass skirts. Rage over the missing mango.

Comment

Originally posted by Droell:
        And here I was, expecting to find Beethoven in Hawaii.
        Well, why not?
        Indeed. What would Beethoven take to a desert island?

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Classy_The_Virgin:
          [b] "Considering the depth and extent of Beethoven's artistic explorations, as well as the composer's success in making himself comprehensible to the widest possible audience, the Austrian-born British musician and writer Hans Keller pronounced Beethoven "humanity's greatest mind altogether".

I came across this quote some years ago and I have been trying to find its origin. Did it come from a radio broadcast?

Michael

Comment

lots of paper, ink and a pen.

I know that's what I'd take.

------------------
            "Wer ein holdes weib errungen..."
            "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Originally posted by Rutradelusasa:
              lots of paper, ink and a pen.

I know that's what I'd take.

And beer.

Comment

A beautiful young woman of royal blood who is, unfortunately, married to someone else.

Oh, wait a minute. She refuses to go with him.
                To learn about "The Port-Wine Sea," my parody of Patrick O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey-Maturin series, please contact me at
                susanwenger@yahoo.com

To learn about "The Better Baby" book, ways to increase a baby's intelligence, health, and potentials, please use the same address.

Comment

Originally posted by sjwenger:

A beautiful young woman of royal blood who is, unfortunately, married to someone else.

Oh, wait a minute. She refuses to go with him.

Whereupon B pens his Immortal Aloha.

Comment

What happined? I coudnt get on for five days?? I thought i was banned or something.Michael, the quote is from Wiki (the link is above. I got all my info from there.Theres a lot of B news latelythe man is ON CNN RIGHT NOW!!! hes always ni the news. The peoples champ!!!

Comment

Also if someone can post a link to the Pathetige sonato. i found some links but on itunes i cant get it b/c i dont have a credit card. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Classye _The_Virgin:
                        Also if someone can post a link to the Pathetige sonato. i found some links but on itunes i cant get it b/c i dont have a credit card. Thank you
                        The BBC complete Beethoven piano sonata cycle is unfortunately no longer available for online listening. But the Classical Music Archives is a site where one may listen to up to 5 tracks a day of various classical recordings for free. Most of these are MIDI format (a poor synthesizer sound) but many of the best works are in actual intruments recordings. The Pathetique is available to listen to in a piano version.
                        http://www.classicalarchives.com/intro.html

and scroll down a little to find 'Registered Free Users.' Register there. Then, scroll back up to the top and click 'composers', then right under 'composers' click Beethoven. then click Piano Works, and then look for Sonata No. 8. Skip the tracks labelled MIDI. Below those, on the fourth line, is a live recording. You cannot click PLAY ALL. As a free rather than pay subscriber, you will need to click each movement of the three individually, one at a time, for it to play.... Enjoy!! Let us know how you like it!
                        See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

thanks Chazz!------> Classys review of Pathetigue sonota will be in anotherthread after the holidays. My food has not digest yet...mmmm. Mama out did herself today!!! happy Thanksgiving Beethoven Reference Site!

Comment

Originally posted by Classy_The_Virgin:
                            thanks Chazz!------> Classys review of Pathetigue sonota will be in anotherthread after the holidays. My food has not digest yet...mmmm. Mama out did herself today!!! happy Thanksgiving Beethoven Reference Site!
                            Classy has asked several times where to find things. I came to most of Beethoven's music starting in my late teens, I still remember the excitement waiting for another installment of Schnabel's sonata cycle (Seraphim's box sets) to arrive in the mail, fresh from King Karol in far away New York.

Many public libraries have extensive collections of classical music, which may be borrowed. Bring your portable CD player, leave with heaven itself in your ears.

When I was 15, I landed in a small town with its very own arts center, given over to the local high school. Buried deep in the sub-sub basement was the building's secretary, and next to her desk, an entire closet of fine music. Her day ended at 4:30. My day ended at 3:30, the time between I spent happily in her room, headphones clamped on head, lost in dreams.

Comment

Classys review of the Pathetique Sonato (thanks to Chazz for the link!)

The first (grave) section was very dramatic . I imagined B letting go of all his frustrations thru the keys. Did he lose a woman to another man? Did she left him? There is a part that I didnt think was actually the piano. There is a section that changes I would say 5 minutes into the music that vibrates (and he is at the end of the keys,near the high notes) and then it goes to a lower key, then high, and repeats a few times-----> that is pure genus.

Is B talking to a woman who broke his heart? Absolutely. this section of genus is him answering her and catching her in a lie! B/c it doesnt actually sound like a piano--->its Beethoven talking in another voice. But B is the man, he doenst have time to mess with the piano when that spirit hits him (thanks Chris, the other Chris).

Section 2: adago:
                              This is the way I would feel if I just got finished arguing with my girl. Tired, as if i'M moving in slow motion, and unforuntately i couldnt get in the last word. Its a nice theme but too slow ,as if B is giving her the last word.

Section 3: rondo allegra:
                              Very powerful,short,bittersweet.

Overall-----> This is great , but for some reason,you can only listen to this once all the way thru an then break it down into pieces bc its very overwhelming. and a little hard to digest. People who dont usually express themself thru music the way he does would have a dramatic reaction. It makes you think, his music,when people would rather hear music to relax, but Bs music is heart AND brain music.

Classy (aka Chris)

[This message has been edited by Classy_The_Virgin (edited 12-03-2005).]

Comment

Working...
                              X