• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Authentic page mp3s - 'cello sonatas op.102

Now available to members at www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/authentic.html

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Good performances on this CD, if a little on the leisurely side in tempi, excellent sound. Good piano too.

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
      Good performances on this CD, if a little on the leisurely side in tempi, excellent sound. Good piano too.

not a good one...a superb one, once again a very fine specimen of authentic performance...I enjoyed them thoroughly *it was the first time I heard them performed*

Comment

Originally posted by ruudp:
        not a good one...a superb one, once again a very fine specimen of authentic performance...I enjoyed them thoroughly *it was the first time I heard them performed*
        I can recommend another CD with op102 on the Apex label with authentic instruments which costs just £4.99 here.

------------------

Comment

Thanks, these were very enjoyable. I feel the 'sentimento' direction in the adagio, which I particularly enjoyed, is especially pertinent, as it has moments of similar reflection to my favourite adagio of them all: the great 'Hammerklavier'.

Thanks again,

Daz

------------------
          Seizing fate by the throat...

Comment

Originally posted by untamed_personality:
            Thanks, these were very enjoyable. I feel the 'sentimento' direction in the adagio, which I particularly enjoyed, is especially pertinent, as it has moments of similar reflection to my favourite adagio of them all: the great 'Hammerklavier'.

Thanks again,

Daz

I really like these cello sonatas, which are especially well served by period instrument recordings. You will be hearing an extract from the Hammerklavier soon, though I am thinking of presenting the fugue for that piece.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
              I really like these cello sonatas, which are especially well served by period instrument recordings. You will be hearing an extract from the Hammerklavier soon, though I am thinking of presenting the fugue for that piece.

I'm looking forward to this already!

Comment

Working...
              X