Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absence

Hello Peter,

Is it just me & Classy, or is this site down a lot lately? A lot of blogs I read do fundraising from time to time. If money would help....

There were problems with my web host. It was just aquired by another company and there have been some transitional difficulties. I have the space and services mostly for my own personal use, so I pay for this myself. Non-free web content is rather lame, in my opinion, even if it's just donations. Thanks anyway, though.

Also, if you go to the forums from the link from the main page, you would see there was a temporary forum in place while we were having difficulties here.

Comment

Thanks to Chris for sorting this out, and thanks to all members being patient and sticking with us. If in future it happens again please remember we do have a temporary forum that will be made available from the homepage.

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Danke Chris for all of your hard work, blood, sweat and tears too. I hope you survived this ordeal and that this ship will sail on smoothly through much calmer seas.

------------------
        "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly."
        - Beethoven 1804.
        "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Good to have it all up and running again, and intact. They're auctioning Beethoven's Great Fugue manuscript today so get those phone bids ready!

------------------
          "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
          http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
            Good to have it all up and running again, and intact. They're auctioning Beethoven's Great Fugue manuscript today so get those phone bids ready!

We're self-employed, work out of the basement & are moving in a week. We are in deepening chaos here ourselves, so I sympathize with Chris & Peter.

Every now & then we hear of original manuscripts on the market, or of facsimile scores. Back in the 1890's there was said to have been a facsimile of Beethoven's 9th published somewhere. With scanners & CD Roms & such, it should be easy & cheap (comparatively!) to bring out facsimile editions of Beethoven's manuscripts, or, for that matter, facsimiles of first editions. Is anybody doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by Droell:
              We're self-employed, work out of the basement & are moving in a week. We are in deepening chaos here ourselves, so I sympathize with Chris & Peter.

Every now & then we hear of original manuscripts on the market, or of facsimile scores. Back in the 1890's there was said to have been a facsimile of Beethoven's 9th published somewhere. With scanners & CD Roms & such, it should be easy & cheap (comparatively!) to bring out facsimile editions of Beethoven's manuscripts, or, for that matter, facsimiles of first editions. Is anybody doing this?
              The beethoven-haus website has a large collection of manuscripts available online.

------------------
              "Wer ein holdes weib errungen..."
              "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Hi Droell, everything is cool. Were BACK!!!

Comment

Working...
                X