Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Part that Changes (For Alisse by Bethoven)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Part that Changes (For Alisse by Bethoven)

Bethoven Referenc Message Board:

I'm trying to find out some info ffrom the classical music experts. Hello, everybody.

I don't know anything about the technical setup of classical music but this instrumental is HOT. The beats are tight and the part that changes toward the end of the song...what is that part called. is there a term fro the way that part changes (the part toward the end)?

I'm working with some hip Hop producers and my second question is, Do samples have to be cleared? Who has the publishing? Thanks.

I am starting to dig thrugh the crates of a few cats who have all the classical stuff, all the hits, so I'm educating myself but don't know all the technica terms, so work wit me I've heard all the hits of a lot of different masters from back in the day and so far, Bethoven's stuff is the most real and moving and he's tight as hell on the keys! aNy recomendations that you have that I haven't heard would be all good. Thanks. Hey, I like your board.

Thanks.

I don't know anything about the technical setup of classical music but this instrumental is HOT. The beats are tight and the part that changes toward the end of the song...what is that part called. is there a term fro the way that part changes (the part toward the end)?
    If you were doing an analysis of the form of a piece, you might label the different parts with letters - A, B, C, etc. There might be letters or numbers in the score as rehersal marks. You might also refer to a part of a piece by a tempo or expression marking, if there is one there to identify it. But a general way to refer to any part in any piece is to just give the measure number or numbers (i.e. measures 113-127).

I'm working with some hip Hop producers and my second question is, Do samples have to be cleared? Who has the publishing? Thanks.
    Since Beethoven died quite a long time ago, his music is now in the public domain. (Laws on this may vary from country to country, however.) So you should be able to use the music itself without obtaining any sort of permission. Individual recordings, however, are a different matter. If you have a specific recording of the piece you want to use, you would have to get in touch with the label that owns that recording and secure permission.

Comment

Originally posted by Classy_The_Virgin:

I'm trying to find out some info ffrom the classical music experts. Hello, everybody.

I am starting to dig thrugh the crates of a few cats who have all the classical stuff, all the hits, so I'm educating myself but don't know all the technica terms, so work wit me I've heard all the hits of a lot of different masters from back in the day and so far, Bethoven's stuff is the most real and moving and he's tight as hell on the keys! aNy recomendations that you have that I haven't heard would be all good. Thanks. Hey, I like your board.

Thanks.

Generally speaking the end section in a piece is called the Coda. Glad to hear Beethoven is your favourite - keep listening and he'll grow on you more and more as his music has so much to say.

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

I don't know anything about the technical setup of classical music but this instrumental is HOT. The beats are tight and the part that changes toward the end of the song...what is that part called. is there a term fro the way that part changes (the part toward the end)?....

Thanks.

I think the term CTV wants is "release". He mentions song. I saw an interview a long time ago where Sinatra made that reference. And yes it does sound a tiny bit sexual to me, too.

Comment

Thanks to Chris (that's my name too) and Peter and Deoll for the responses. I 've looked up Coda on Websters .com:

Coda :
          One entry found for coda.
          Main Entry: co·da
          Pronunciation: 'kO-d&
          Function: noun
          Etymology: Italian, literally, tail, from Latin cauda
          1 a : a concluding musical section that is formally distinct from the main structure b : a concluding part of a literary or dramatic work

You guys really know your stuff. Thanks a lot. I just graduated high school and am looking up schools that also specialice in audio engineering in New York City, I think you have to be well rounded in all apspects of music, like The Man Bethoven. He wrote the music and can alsoplay many instruments and also write music FOR other instruments, which is cool.

I talked to my uncle who said that he got a lot of exposurre to his music because they played a lot of his stuff in the old Bugs Bunny / Elmer Fudd cartoons! They should bring those back i would like to hear how thy put his music in the cartoons.

I listened to more clips last night and a lot of the stuff is so advanced and beautiful and deep that its too heavy and over my understanding to try to figur out whats going on but I like it. Thanks for the help and responses.

Droell, sorry , i meant instrumental. I am already writing rap lyrics for this one. A love song, like LL Cool Jay song "I need love". Thanks Dreoll.

Comment

I think you have to be well rounded in all apspects of music, like The Man Bethoven. He wrote the music and can alsoplay many instruments
            Someone might correct me here, but did Beethoven play any instruments besides the piano towards the end of his career?

If you want a composer who truly did play and write for the greatest variety of instruments in the greatest variety of formats I can think of no one better than Herr. Mozart.

I think it's interesting that you are writing Beethoven's music to hip hop...not sure Beethoven would have liked it...he's probably rolling in his grave, lol...then again, he wouldn't have been able to hear it anyway...

Comment

I'm trying to find out some info ffrom the classical music experts. Hello, everybody...

Thanks.

I looked again at the title to this post. I believe Classy the Virgin is referring to Fur Elise.

Comment

Originally posted by HaydnFan:
                Someone might correct me here, but did Beethoven play any instruments besides the piano towards the end of his career?

Beethoven owned a nice set of stringed instruments & is on record as playing the bass as a young man. But you asked about the end of his days. As he was by then stone deaf, playing stringed instruments was out. With the soundboard of his piano directly on the floor, and he lying on his tummy in front of it, he heard through his abdomen, after a fashion. At one point he owned a variety of ear trumpets, but don't know if he ever tooted on one.

Comment

In his younger days, he also played the organ, the violin, and the viola.

Comment

Hi there everybody!
                    I am a university student. I am taking a class called listening to music and we have a midterm essay die next month. The question i have to answer is, how is beethoven relevent to society today. i ahve come up with numerous examples of movies his music is still used in; however, if anybody could help out a little biton this topic, it would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Hi there everybody!
                      I am a university student. I am taking a class called listening to music and we have a midterm essay due next month. The question i have to answer is, how is beethoven relevent to society today. i ahve come up with numerous examples of movies his music is still used in; however, if anybody could help out a little biton this topic, it would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

It's not a coda as the main theme reappears in full after it. It's a second bridge with an impish, deceptively loose, last eight bars.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by musicessays:
                          [B]Hi there everybody!
                          I am a university student. I am taking a class called listening to music and we have a midterm essay due next month. The question i have to answer is, how is beethoven relevent to society today. i ahve come up with numerous examples of movies his music is still used in; however, if anybody could help out a little biton this topic, it would be greatly appreciated!

I, for one, would be curious to see your essay when it is completed. If others are interested, I'd encourage you to post it on-line. If I'm the only one, perhaps you might send it to me at sjwenger@mail.com
                          To learn about "The Port-Wine Sea," my parody of Patrick O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey-Maturin series, please contact me at
                          susanwenger@yahoo.com

To learn about "The Better Baby" book, ways to increase a baby's intelligence, health, and potentials, please use the same address.

Comment

Originally posted by Droell:
                            At one point he owned a variety of ear trumpets, but don't know if he ever tooted on one.
                            Very good!

Comment

Working...
                            X