Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

somebody oughta' protest: (I already did)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

somebody oughta' protest: (I already did)

Our hero has been insulted in the WGMS (radio station) weekly quiz. The anecdotes may be correct, but I sure don't like the tenor of the title of this week's quiz!

The Stumble Bucket Maestro
    Nov. 3, 2005

This Great Composer was said to have been terribly awkward in his movements, and "seldom took anything into his hands without dropping and breaking it." A friend explained that he frequently knocked his ink-well into the piano which stood near by the side of his writing table. "No piece of furniture was safe from him, least of all a costly piece. Everything was overturned, soiled and destroyed. It is hard to comprehend how he accomplished so much as to shave himself, without a number of cuts on his cheeks. He could never learn to dance in time." So who was this bumbling, ink-stained man, this Great Composer?
    Kindly e-mail your answer to jbartel@classical1035.com.

All answers receive a personal reply.

------------------
    Fate banging on the door with a jackhammer
    To learn about "The Port-Wine Sea," my parody of Patrick O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey-Maturin series, please contact me at
    susanwenger@yahoo.com

To learn about "The Better Baby" book, ways to increase a baby's intelligence, health, and potentials, please use the same address.

Originally posted by sjwenger:
    Our hero has been insulted in the WGMS (radio station) weekly quiz. The anecdotes may be correct, but I sure don't like the tenor of the title of this week's quiz!

The Stumble Bucket Maestro
    Nov. 3, 2005

This Great Composer was said to have been terribly awkward in his movements, and "seldom took anything into his hands without dropping and breaking it." A friend explained that he frequently knocked his ink-well into the piano which stood near by the side of his writing table. "No piece of furniture was safe from him, least of all a costly piece. Everything was overturned, soiled and destroyed. It is hard to comprehend how he accomplished so much as to shave himself, without a number of cuts on his cheeks. He could never learn to dance in time." So who was this bumbling, ink-stained man, this Great Composer?
    Kindly e-mail your answer to jbartel@classical1035.com.

All answers receive a personal reply.

Yes, well how about changing your signature 'Fate Banging on the Door with a 'Jackhammer' !

It is a little known fact that Beethoven attended finishing school in London under the tutelage of the famous Lady Doris Bracket, where he was taught the finer arts of how to point his toes and pour the tea .
    There was a famous encounter that he had with a future George IV at a ball when the thirty stone heir to the throne arrived with one of Beethoven's best friends in England 'Lord Mad Jack Byron' and on seein Jack, committed the appalling faux pas of greeting him with the words " And who is zee Fat friend viz you Jack" ?
    This did not endear him to the Monarchy, and deprived him of an important means of support in Engerland.

At Lady Haversham Faversham's Ball in 1807, unfortunately he stood on a ladies flowing long dress, and as she went to move the entire outfit was ripped from her back underneath Beethoven's unforgiving boots to the amusement or consternation of the dignitaries.

As is well documented, Beethoven was accident prone. I think the radio station statement should be taken in the lighthearted spirit in which it was given.

------------------

~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~
    ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Working...
    X