Salieri question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salieri question

At the beginning of the movie Amadeus, when the old Salieri begins to tell the priest about how famous and popular he once was, he has a flashback to conducting an aria in one of his operas. The snippet of the aria is quite beautiful ... does anyone know what this is, and whether it is available on CD?
    "It is only as an aesthetic experience that existence is eternally justified" - Nietzsche

It is funny that you say that because I always thought the exact same thing, that that aria was very very good, almost as good as the music of Mozart, lol.

I believe (? not too sure ?) that it is from Axur, Re d'Ormus by of course, Salieri. It is extremely difficult to find this opera on CD, if not impossible. I know of only one version and apparently it is very bad quality. You can find it on Amazon.com.

Someone might correct me, though, if that piece is not from Axur. You know what, try posting this question on the Mozart Forum because it seems to be more active than this one and they might know Amadeus and also the music of Salieri better than Beethoven fans (no offense to the people on this board but the Mozart people are very very sharp).

Comment

Originally posted by HaydnFan:
      You know what, try posting this question on the Mozart Forum because it seems to be more active than this one and they might know Amadeus and also the music of Salieri better than Beethoven fans (no offense to the people on this board but the Mozart people are very very sharp).

What is the URL to this Mozart forum?
      "It is only as an aesthetic experience that existence is eternally justified" - Nietzsche

Comment

Here is the site for the Mozart Forum:
        http://www.mozartforum.com/VB_forum/index.php?

I'm sure that someone there will have the answer for you.

------------------
        "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly."
        - Beethoven 1804.
        "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

I took the liberty of posting the question on the Mozart Forum and some people have answered it, if you want to check it out (it is posted under the heading, Salieri Question)

Comment

Working...
          X