Performer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performer

I've seen Evgeny Kissin perform and he amazes me. He is so dazzling in his virtuosity as to leave me breathless. I particularly love his performance of Moonlight Sonata, and Rachmaninoff's 3rd Piano Concerto.

------------------
    Fate banging on the door with a jackhammer
    To learn about "The Port-Wine Sea," my parody of Patrick O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey-Maturin series, please contact me at
    susanwenger@yahoo.com

To learn about "The Better Baby" book, ways to increase a baby's intelligence, health, and potentials, please use the same address.

Originally posted by sjwenger:
    I've seen Evgeny Kissin perform and he amazes me. He is so dazzling in his virtuosity as to leave me breathless.

I totally agree, his interpretations of the Abegg-Variations and Symphonic Etudes from Schumann remain among the best versions of those works I know of, and I prefer him in Chopin's concertos as well. His Picture Exhibition (Mussorgsky) is arguably the best version of that work ever...

Comment

Originally posted by sjwenger:
      I've seen Evgeny Kissin perform and he amazes me. He is so dazzling in his virtuosity as to leave me breathless. I particularly love his performance of Moonlight Sonata, and Rachmaninoff's 3rd Piano Concerto.

They played his Moonlight on the radio a week ago. I've long had the suspicion a lot more could be done with the first movement & Kissin did. Suddenly the parallels between the first movement of the Moonlight & the second movement of op. 10 #3 became crystal clear. Has Kissin recorded op. 10 #3?

Comment

Working...
      X