Fidello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fidello

Did beethoven write any more operas after this one? In november I am seeing this with my wife, my brother, sister-in-law and with my parents. Just wondering. I thought that he had written one more I am not sure.

------------------

Don't think so. I think that is the only one he ever wrote. I believe he wrote some overtures and such but I think Fidelio is the only full opera from Beethoven.

Does anyone know if Haydn wrote any operas?

Comment

Fidelio was the only opera Beethoven ever wrote, but it underwent major revision. It was originally titled Leonore and featured some different and changed music. There were four different overtures written for this opera at various points!

Comment

Originally posted by HaydnFan:
        Don't think so. I think that is the only one he ever wrote. I believe he wrote some overtures and such but I think Fidelio is the only full opera from Beethoven.

Does anyone know if Haydn wrote any operas?
        yes he did and yes, they are fantastic =).
        I recommend you go after Harnoncourt's, Hogwood's and Kuijken's recordings of them, for they are great HIP performances.
        Browse www.arkivmusic.com for more info, they ship only to the U.S. and Canada (so I can't order), but they are the best site for browsing cds.

------------------
        "Wer ein holdes weib errungen..."
        "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Working...
        X