the missa solemnis for free!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the missa solemnis for free!

in this web site:http://www.demond.de/chor/Mitschnitte/body_mitschnitte.htm you can listen and download many choral works like the missa solemnis!

Interesting link but unfortunately the one piece I have so far listened to was at 64kbps and 22K sample rate and did not sound very good!
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by jdidlock:
      Interesting link but unfortunately the one piece I have so far listened to was at 64kbps and 22K sample rate and did not sound very good!
      I discovered that particular web site through a serendipitous type of search engine experience.

MP3 is ever so much better than MIDI and that's why this site, because of its totality, and the range of classical music offered, is really worth bookmarking.

As for the performance qualities, these are more, much more, than adequate for browsing purposes.

It is highly doubtful that anyone would funnel any MP3 musical output into any kind of truly high quality sound reproduction system. The results would be thoroughly disappointing.

However, with regards to MP3 reproductions, these are so much more preferable than the nasally synthetic electronic organ type of sounds found in MIDI files which also abound almost everywhere on the web.

I'm a bit perplexed here as to why anyone would complain of the quality, which is more than adequate, when it becomes apparent that most of the music will be heard off PC system speakers, or earbuds, which really do not, and can never, come anywhere close to concert hall reproductive qualities, let alone reasonable loudspeakers.

This is a very good site and I thoroughly appreciate the thoughtfulness in having shared this link with all who might not originally have been aware of its existence.

Bravo!

------------------
      A Calm Sea and A Prosperous Voyage
      A Calm Sea and A Prosperous Voyage

Comment

I didn't complain, I merely commented. Sampling at 22 instead of 44 KHz is bound to limit frequency response and unless the coding is in mp3PRO, 64kbps is a very low rate. Sorry if I perplexed you!

PS - if you want a full catalogue and reasonable sound quality, the Naxos site (www.naxos.com) takes some beating. Costs US$20 a year.

------------------
        The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

[This message has been edited by jdidlock (edited 10-21-2005).]

[This message has been edited by jdidlock (edited 10-21-2005).]

[This message has been edited by jdidlock (edited 10-22-2005).]

Comment

don't forget that it's free , and beggars can not be choosers!

Comment

http://www.vivalavoce.com/ is an interesting site. It concentrates on choral works and opera and operates as an internet radio channel - you listen live but the quality (in broad band anyway) is excellent. Click on "listen now".

I should add that the clock used is that of the East Coast of the USA, 5 hours behind UK, 6 behind Europe.

[This message has been edited by jdidlock (edited 10-24-2005).]

Comment

Working...
            X