Your Beethoven Collection (not CDs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Beethoven Collection (not CDs)

Here you can tell about your Beethoven collection-portraits , busts , coins and etc.
    It would be good if you give also liks for pictures of your collection.

My collection:
    A graffic of Beethoven
    2 Busts
    and this http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2.../beethoven.jpg
    I don't know how is it called It is 1927 antique

[This message has been edited by Ludwig (edited 10-01-2005).]

I have a very nice bust of Beethoven on my piano, but that's all. Everything else I own beethoven-related is either a CD or sheet music. The sheet music might count, though, as I have all the cloth-bound Henle Urtext volumes of Beethoven's solo piano works (as well as the paperback volume of the piano dances - why oh why couldn't they have either put those in with the rest of the misc. piano pieces or made a clothbound version of the dances?).

[This message has been edited by Chris (edited 10-01-2005).]

Comment

I have in my collection three busts. One on my piano made of marble, one of Beethoven in his middle years and a mini one on my desk.
      Also on my piano I have a plate commemorating the 1770-1970 bicentennial, also a plate with his profile, and a collector's piece my friend bought me which shows Beethoven at the piano surrounded by scattered pieces of his music on the floor, it's a 3-D piece. Also some bookmarks and things I picked up at the Symphony. And of course loads of books and music sheets as well. Always room for more!
      This is an interesting topic. I'd like to find out what more items our fellow members have as keepsakes.

------------------
      'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

1 bronze bust
        Set of about 15 postage stamps
        7 books
        1 framed portrait

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Of particular note in my small collection is a print that was purchased in Denmark that hangs on my wall. Other than that I have a small bust of Beethoven and some stamps issued in Colombia in the late 70's. (Not to mention a number of books, including a symposium about 20 or 30 years ago.)

Comment

2 bookends: The first one is a small brown colored bust that serves as a book end; the second one is an ivory-colored full figure Beethoven leaning against a parchment of sheet music available at www.designtoscano.com/
            1 bronze wall-plaque: Actually came as a set with Chopin and Mozart. This is also available at www.designtoscano.com/
            1 framed poster: A good portrait of Beethoven in black available at art.com
            1 framed print: I custom made this myself at zazzle.com by using this image and enlarging it http://www.b12partners.net/mt/images/beethoven.jpg
            2 busts: The first one is a small 5 inch version that I have on my T.V. lol, and the other is a larger nicer one on my piano.

Comment

there are beethoven bookstands? wow..that's kind of stylish.
              I own nothing despite cd's and music sheets.. :-(
              *~Ja, was haben's da scho wieder gmacht, Beethoven?~*

Comment

I have a framed poster of the Stieler portrait hanging on my bedroom wall. I also have a small white bust by my hi-fi. Then there are the books - I have several, but nowhere near as many as some on here!

------------------
                Seizing fate by the throat...
                Seizing fate by the throat...

Comment

Beethoven Collection...alrighty then. I have:

1 Bust made out of bronze
                  2 One book
                  3 I have sheet music, only four of them thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
                    I have in my collection three busts. One on my piano made of marble, one of Beethoven in his middle years and a mini one on my desk.
                    Also on my piano I have a plate commemorating the 1770-1970 bicentennial, also a plate with his profile, and a collector's piece my friend bought me which shows Beethoven at the piano surrounded by scattered pieces of his music on the floor, it's a 3-D piece. Also some bookmarks and things I picked up at the Symphony. And of course loads of books and music sheets as well. Always room for more!
                    This is an interesting topic. I'd like to find out what more items our fellow members have as keepsakes.

you lucky! I have the same book 1770-1970 bicentennial on ebay along time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Immortal Beloved~:
                      you lucky! I have the same book 1770-1970 bicentennial on ebay along time ago.

How do you like the book, IB? Aren't the pictures beautiful? Very informative and a
                      lovely edition to own.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
                        How do you like the book, IB? Aren't the pictures beautiful? Very informative and a
                        lovely edition to own.

Oh yes I love that book...never read anything like this, especially the pictures too! It is amazing and always be in my beethoven collection.

Comment

I have a tiny bust (I'm talking statues here, by the way) and about thirty books. I have a massive wall poster which I bought in 1970. It has deteriorated a good deal but I have so far resisted my wife's attempts to throw it out.
                          As we're scraping the barrel, I have two pencil erasers with a picture of Bach on one and himself on the other. Big deal.

Michael

[This message has been edited by Michael (edited 10-08-2005).]

Comment

Originally posted by Michael:
                            I have a tiny bust (I'm talking statues here, by the way)
                            Michael

[This message has been edited by Michael (edited 10-08-2005).]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited 10-08-2005).]

Comment

Working...
                            X