The Scottish folk song settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Scottish folk song settings

I have done a search of the site but not come up with anything much except one authentic recording thread which doesn't tell me very much. But I know the Scottish folk song ssttings have been discussed here quite a bit. Can anyone recommend a good recording of a good sample of them which might be available in the States or on the internet. (There is one for over $50 which I can't afford). Also has anyone heard an album of Beethoven lieder, including Scottish, by a baritone named Holzmaier who I think is very good? And where it might be bought? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Chaszz (edited 09-16-2005).]
    See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Wolfgang Holzmair's CD of Beethoven's Folk songs with the Trio Fontenay is on Philips(289 442 784-2).

He sings them with charm and the trio is delightful.I love this recording.

"Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Another fine CD is the one we featured a while back Arrangement of Scottish Songs - which included one of my favourites 'Bonnie Laddie, Highland Laddie'.

'Ludvig van Beethoven Songs' ; Marjanne Kweksilber (soprano), Vera Beths (vn), Stanley Hoogland (fortepiano), Anner Bylsma (vc). Channel Classics CCS 1491.

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
      X