CD recommended for one track: Sarah Brightman's "Classics"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD recommended for one track: Sarah Brightman's "Classics"

Based on a poem by Goethe called Erlkonig (two dots over the 'o'), translated into Italian, music based on Beethoven's Seventh Symphony, 2nd movement, there's a chilling song on Sarah Brightman's CD "Classics." The track is called Figlio Perduto.

You can hear just a snippet at:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=music
    To learn about "The Port-Wine Sea," my parody of Patrick O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey-Maturin series, please contact me at
    susanwenger@yahoo.com

To learn about "The Better Baby" book, ways to increase a baby's intelligence, health, and potentials, please use the same address.

Chilling doesn't begin to describe it! Beware!

Michael

Comment

I have the words in English and Italian. I don't want to fill space if it's unwanted. It's three pages long, but if anyone is interested, I'll post it.

------------------
      Fate banging on the door with a jackhammer
      To learn about "The Port-Wine Sea," my parody of Patrick O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey-Maturin series, please contact me at
      susanwenger@yahoo.com

To learn about "The Better Baby" book, ways to increase a baby's intelligence, health, and potentials, please use the same address.

Comment

Originally posted by sjwenger:
        Based on a poem by Goethe called Erlkonig (two dots over the 'o'), translated into Italian, music based on Beethoven's Seventh Symphony, 2nd movement, there's a chilling song on Sarah Brightman's CD "Classics." The track is called Figlio Perduto.

You can hear just a snippet at:
        http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005RD78/ref=m_art _li_5/104-8135800-9097525?v=glance&s=music

It is not generally know, but Beethoven sketched out a setting for "Erlkonig" (before Schubert was born!!) His sketches were realized/completed by Rheinhold Becker. Bela Bartok even orchestrated it.

You can find the Becker completion at the Unheard Beethoven site.

Hofrat
        "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Originally posted by Michael:
          Chilling doesn't begin to describe it! Beware!

Michael
          Too right ,I can not fly to the off button quickly enough whenever this performer is presented.

"Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Working...
          X