Hello, fellow Beethoven lovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, fellow Beethoven lovers

Just wanted to introduce myself and thank you for this wonderful forum. While I'd always known a couple of Beethoven's works (learned to play Fur Elise when I was a baby student of the piano), and of course the 5th, I've only recently begun delving into more of his music, and now the life of the man. Fascinating! I am probably echoing what some members have already said - that such music came from one so unhappy in life is truly an inspiration. I had no idea that his general health in later years was so bad. After reading of his various ailments I can certainly understand the temperament of the man more.

A couple of questions - is there a published copy of his conversation books anywhere? I am reading biographies and recently was lucky enough to get a fairly inexpensive set of his letters, compiled by Emily Anderson, but would love to read the conversation books. My second question - when will the new movie, "Copying Beethoven," be released? Sounds like it will be wonderful.

I look forward to reading more posts and hopefully contributing something to your forum. I am still "learning" Beethoven and have no doubt this forum will be like gold to me. You all seem like true Beethoven scholars!

Regards to all,
    Teresa

Welcome Teresa! At the moment the conversation books are only available in German,I believe from the Beethovenhaus shop website. If like me your German isn't up to much then we have to be patient and I think there may be a translation in the pipeline.

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Thank you, Peter, for your response. I'm trying to teach myself German, as I have German ancestors and am interested in learning the langauge, but I'm afraid I'm not having much luck. I'll just keep hoping for an English translation!

My German ancestors hail from Baden - what a nice thought that one of them may have passed and even nodded at Beethoven on one of his many walks--

Regards,
      Teresa

Comment

Working...
      X