No announcement yet.

Beethoven's Journey Still Captivates - An Introduction to Beethoven's Quartets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven's Journey Still Captivates - An Introduction to Beethoven's Quartets

Just came across this interesting site featuring the Emerson Quartet discussing and playing movements from the Beethoven Quartets.
    http://saintpaulsunday.publicradio.o...son/index.html
    Cocchini

Thanks for that Cocchini - I haven't heard the Emmerson quartet and wonder if anyone has some comments about them?

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

I saw them play at Strathmore Hall (Maryland) in May. They played the Mendelssohn E-Flat Quartet and Beethoven's lovely Opus 131. I thought they did a good job of capturing the sadness of Beethoven's piece, without being maudlin.
      To learn about "The Port-Wine Sea," my parody of Patrick O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey-Maturin series, please contact me at
      susanwenger@yahoo.com

To learn about "The Better Baby" book, ways to increase a baby's intelligence, health, and potentials, please use the same address.

Comment

I have the Emerson complete set and I think it is top notch. But I've only given it a single listen, so that is not an indepth review. However, it has been praised by critics.

Comment

I have heard the opus 18's performed by the Emersons. I don't know if they booked enough studio recording time, because they really raced through them; the tempo is far too quick for my liking. That said, their playing is very incisive, exact. I have the Vegh's 70's set and am more than satisfied with it.

Comment

Working...
          X