Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are we playing now??

Rach... Piano Concerto No.2 Op 18: II

Well I usually work at some Bach preludes and Chopin studies for technical work. Main pieces at the moment are Faure Impromptu 2, Nocturne 6 and Barcarolle 4.

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Allegro:
      Rach... Piano Concerto No.2 Op 18: II
      RACH...pianoconcerto???....damnn I´ve got some work to do before I´d ever be able to play a piece of this scale, I´ve been playing the piano for 5 years now since may.And I´m working on the nocturne op.9 nr.2 in E flat major of chopin as on his raindrop-prelude in D flat major...lovely works to hear AND to play.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally I´ve been playing the piano for 5 years ...

Try over 45 years! But, even I work at it, or it slips away from me

Comment

Well, quite a number of pieces at the moment:

V. Lübeck: Prelude and Fuge in E major no.2
          H. Mulet: Carillon-Sortie in D major
          J.S.Bach: O Mensch bewein dein' Sünde gross
          J Greyling: Op berge en in Dale

10 chorales (all organ works for my June exam). I am really enjoying practising at the moment, it's so great!

Comment

Originally posted by ruudp:
            RACH...pianoconcerto???....damnn I´ve got some work to do before I´d ever be able to play a piece of this scale, I´ve been playing the piano for 5 years now since may.And I´m working on the nocturne op.9 nr.2 in E flat major of chopin as on his raindrop-prelude in D flat major...lovely works to hear AND to play.
            The nocturne in E flat major op.9 went great, I had to play it for exam, I´m currently playing the sicialano of Bach transcribed by Wilhellm Kempf and the sonata nr.20 in D major hob. Haydn.

Comment

can anyone tell me any other compositions other than Eroica where Beethoven wrote a funeral march?

Comment

Originally posted by nicola:
                can anyone tell me any other compositions other than Eroica where Beethoven wrote a funeral march?
                In piano sonata Op.26.

------------------
                "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
                http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

I'm presently much enjoying Mozart Piano Sonatas: K330, K331, K545. Playing them really makes me appreciate the cleverness of Mozart.

I'm labouring over Bach Well-Tempered Prelude 15. Bach is by far the biggest challenge for pianists I think.

and just started Beethoven Rage over a lost penny (Op 129).

I just bought the sheet music for the 'Pastoral' Beethoven Sonata, but haven't started looking at it yet.

[This message has been edited by Sir Bygber Brown (edited 07-15-2005).]
                  I composed some variations on a theme of yours... funny little tune, but it yielded some good things.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Bygber Brown:

I just bought the sheet music for the 'Pastoral' Beethoven Sonata, but haven't started looking at it yet.
                    That is a wonderful work--fun to play! I especially like the slow movement; it gives me a feeling of improvisation from the master.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano:
                      That is a wonderful work--fun to play! I especially like the slow movement; it gives me a feeling of improvisation from the master.
                      The 2nd movt was a favourite of Beethoven's, but unlike the 6th symphony the work was not given its title by Beethoven.

------------------
                      'Man know thyself'
                      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Starting to prepare my recital for the end of this year.
                        1 - Variations in F minor HOB:18 N.6 - Haydn
                        2 - Sonata Op.31 n.2 - Our own.
                        3 - Wanderer-Fantasie - Schubert
                        4 - Papillons Op.2 - Schumann

------------------
                        "Wer ein holdes weib errungen..."
                        "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Been practising a Faure Sicilienne for Violin and Piano (the violin part), as well as the mozart piano sonatas i told you about. I love playing Mozart, it gives me such pleasure. I probably prefer listening to Beethoven, but its close.

I composed some variations on a theme of yours... funny little tune, but it yielded some good things.

Comment

Originally posted by Rutradelusasa:
                            Starting to prepare my recital for the end of this year.
                            1 - Variations in F minor HOB:18 N.6 - Haydn
                            2 - Sonata Op.31 n.2 - Our own.
                            3 - Wanderer-Fantasie - Schubert
                            4 - Papillons Op.2 - Schumann

A very nice programme - the Haydn variations are very beautiful and the Schubert a great challenge. I'm working on Op.109, Ravel's Sonatine and Brahms's B minor Rhapsody.

------------------
                            'Man know thyself'
                            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:

A very nice programme - the Haydn variations are very beautiful and the Schubert a great challenge. I'm working on Op.109, Ravel's Sonatine and Brahms's B minor Rhapsody.

Thanks, the Schubert is the greatest challenge I've ever faced. It's hard to end it properly, because your arms abandon you . It's that tough. The Haydn is also amazing, and I'm quite fond of the Schubert and our dearest . The "Tempest" and the Variations from Haydn are a real match in mood, they work very well together.

P.S.: I wrote it wrong, it's HOB:17.

------------------
                              "Wer ein holdes weib errungen..."
                              "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Working...
                              X