the piano version of the violon concerto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the piano version of the violon concerto

if you want to listen for free for the first movement of the op.61 transcribed by beethoven: http://www.branarecords.com/product_...8fae77ddffbaa0

Originally posted by waldstein:
    if you want to listen for free for the first movement of the op.61 transcribed by beethoven: http://www.branarecords.com/product_info.php?products_id=30&osCsid=bc99afad 73cf61cee68fae77ddffbaa0
    Thanks for this! Its lovely. I've already ordered the album its on plus one with "Rocky 2" ( Rachmaninov 2nd Piano Concerto to its friends!) and a Hummel Piano concerto. Looking forward to getting them!

------------------
    Beethoven the Man!
    Beethoven the Man!

Comment

Yes, to my mind though the best things about the arrangement are the highly original cadenzas with timpani - they have been transcribed for violin and are infinitely preferable to the Joachim.

------------------
      'Man know thyself'

[This message has been edited by Peter (edited 06-15-2005).]
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

There were 2 performances of this transcription during BBC Radio 3's Beethoven Experience, one with Peter Serkin as soloist and one with Daniel Barenboim.

------------------
        The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell
        The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by jdidlock:
          There were 2 performances of this transcription during BBC Radio 3's Beethoven Experience, one with Peter Serkin as soloist and one with Daniel Barenboim.

Nice link! Thanks! I'm not sure if it's this performer or another but I do have, somewhere on LP, this arrangement.

Who did better--Serkin or Barenboim? I've not been as impressed with Barenboim's piano music (especially Chopin) as with other pianists so I am rather curious about Barenboim's other performances.

Comment

Working...
          X