Carl czerny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carl czerny

Carl czerny was the best student of beethoven he was also one of the best piano teachers and his excercices still a reference for any one who wants to play beethoven.
    in this web site you can learn more about him and even heare some free mp3 and me believe me it's wonderfull!. http://www.classicaldiscoveries.com/composers.php

Thanks! I'll have to check that out!

Comment

Originally posted by waldstein:
      Carl czerny was the best student of beethoven he was also one of the best piano teachers and his excercices still a reference for any one who wants to play beethoven.
      in this web site you can learn more about him and even heare some free mp3 and me believe me it's wonderfull!. http://www.classicaldiscoveries.com/composers.php
      I have a wonderful CD with 2 of his symphonies (he wrote 5 symphonies).

All the best,
      Hofrat
      "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

I played some of his exercises back when I was taking piano lessons. I didn't like them very much, for some reason. I should pull that book out and have another look one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
          I played some of his exercises back when I was taking piano lessons. I didn't like them very much, for some reason. I should pull that book out and have another look one of these days.
          I liked them; they were not as boring as some of the other exercise books!

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano:
            I liked them; they were not as boring as some of the other exercise books!
            Yes - really I don't think there is much point in slaving over Czerny or other exercises just for the sake of it, this soon becomes a drudge and achieves little. Studies should only be used to overcome a particular difficulty in a piece.

------------------
            'Man know thyself'
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

I don't know. I really liked Hanon, and those are considered some of the most boring exercises ever by several people I know. I feel they did a lot for me. There was a point I was playing all sixty exercises every day. Perhaps the time could have been better spent, but I guess the extreme patterned structure of them appealed to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
                Yes - really I don't think there is much point in slaving over Czerny or other exercises just for the sake of it, this soon becomes a drudge and achieves little. Studies should only be used to overcome a particular difficulty in a piece.

At the risk of getting too far off topic with this thread I might ask how does one choose the exercise in regards to a specific difficulty of a specific piece? For example, I might be working on the opening part of the Appassionata (3rd movement). How should I know which (Czerny/Hanon/or whoever else) would help me the best to learn this part?

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano:

At the risk of getting too far off topic with this thread I might ask how does one choose the exercise in regards to a specific difficulty of a specific piece? For example, I might be working on the opening part of the Appassionata (3rd movement). How should I know which (Czerny/Hanon/or whoever else) would help me the best to learn this part?
                  Well basically scales and arpeggios will help with that 3rd movement - It comes down to analysing the difficulties within a passage and finding (or better still devising your own) appropiate exercises.

------------------
                  'Man know thyself'
                  'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
                  X