Beethoven Exhibit at the Austrian Mint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven Exhibit at the Austrian Mint

Today I went to the free Beethoven exhibition at the Austrian Mint in honor of their 50 Euro gold coin from their "Great Composers" commemorative series. Here is a picture of it: http://junior.austrian-mint.at/index...=en&coinId=293

This was a rather nice little exhibit of various Beethoven items, engravings, documents and medals. I was quite surprised how many medals were commisioned commemorating Beethoven. I actually have one of the bronze 100th anniversary of Beethoven's death medals that I bought way back in 1990. One of my favorite items in this exhibit was a porcelain pipe bowl from the early 1800s that was gilded with a portrait of Beethoven after the engraving by Johann Neidl.

This is a wonderful little Beethoven exhibition and it'll be at the Austrian Mint until the 22 July 2005. Since it's free I may just go down there again to see it before it's gone.
    "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.
Working...
X