Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handel Harpsichord Suites

Hey there everyone

I was wondering if there's any one of you that could help me with something. I would like to find a recording of Handel's "Acht Grosse Suiten HWV 426 - 433" for harpsichord. We need to analyse these suites for our upcoming exam and out library doesn't own a recording. An mp3 file would actually be the best if there's one available....

Originally posted by Vipercat:
    Hey there everyone

I was wondering if there's any one of you that could help me with something. I would like to find a recording of Handel's "Acht Grosse Suiten HWV 426 - 433" for harpsichord. We need to analyse these suites for our upcoming exam and out library doesn't own a recording. An mp3 file would actually be the best if there's one available....

The best recording of these 8 Grand suites (1720) currently available is by Sofie Yates on the Chandos label. You can get them cheaper else where (eg Naxos label) but the performaces (especially the Naxos version) are not so good. There are too many movements in this music to provide mp3s here.

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 05-31-2005).]
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
      The best recording of these 8 Grand suites (1720) currently available is by Sofie Yates on the Chandos label. You can get them cheaper else where (eg Naxos label) but the performaces (especially the Naxos version) are not so good. There are too many movements in this music to provide mp3s here.

Thanks Rod. I didn't manage to find a recording (since it'll take me to long to order one from overseas) but I did get the midi versions at Classical Music Archives. At least it's something...

Comment

Originally posted by Vipercat:
        Thanks Rod. I didn't manage to find a recording (since it'll take me to long to order one from overseas) but I did get the midi versions at Classical Music Archives. At least it's something...
        I'm amazed they give you an assignment for music they do not posses in the library!

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Working...
        X