Beethoven's Complete Piano Music Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven's Complete Piano Music Set

Can absolutely anyone tell me anything about this 21 record box set? I need info about it because I can't seem to find it anywhere in the net...
    Musical Racket

I would guess that you are saying "record" because you mean just that, yes? Because the complete solo and 4 hand piano works of Beethoven fit quite neatly on 16 or 17 CD's. Volume 6 of the Complete Beethoven Edition is 8 disks with everything but the sonatas, while there are innumerable complete sets of those, and they usually are on either 8 or 9 disks depending on the publisher. Perhaps one could add 3 disks for the concertos and another for the concerto fragments and make 21 that way, but I have never seen it done.

------------------
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I mean actually the 33 1/3 phonograph records. But yeah, it is know as "Beethovens Complete Piano Music 21 record set." I could put up a picture of the cover if anyone at all thinks that may be more useful.
      Musical Racket

Comment

Originally posted by musical_racket:
        I mean actually the 33 1/3 phonograph records. But yeah, it is know as "Beethovens Complete Piano Music 21 record set." I could put up a picture of the cover if anyone at all thinks that may be more useful.

Is this the Brendel edition that Reader's Digest put out? It's recommendable. The records I bought had one record containing some jazz on one side instead of the Beethoven, but other than that I think it's a great compilation.

Comment

I'm not sure it is was the readers digest one, but i know brendel did do the perfornimg for it.
          Musical Racket

Comment

Should it be of interest, there is a complete cycle of the Beethoven Piano Sonatas played by Artur Pizarro on the BBC Radio 3 "Listen Again" site at http://tinyurl.com/8fgu3. These were recorded at a series of Wigmore Hall recitals in London. It's a pity the encores were not included as these were often movements from Liszt's transcriptions of the symphonies.
            The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

Comment

i believe that link is not working.....but however i am very interested in it.
              Musical Racket

Comment

They must have moved it - the full URL is
                http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/classica...ro/index.shtml

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
                X