Liszt Transcriptions of B's Symphonies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joy:
    Thanks. What a shame that they are somewhat overlooked today, they are absolutely remarkable. I've never heard his Schubert songs but after hearing the Beethoven symphonies I'm very curious.

Try Jorge Bolet - Liszt: Piano works vol.2 Schubert song transcriptions - Decca

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

I agree with Peter in his reccomendation of Bolet, allow me also to mention Marc-Andre Hamelin, hyperion, who has a record of Liszt's paganini studies and Schubert march transcriptions (Franz Schubert’s Märsche für das Pianoforte übertragen, S426).

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig:
        Hey!
        I have all the Beethoven Symphonies by Lizst.They are on 5 CDs.In my country it is not a crime to put them for free download in the internet.So i download them all and they are with perfect sound.It is realy interesting to hear them.I like the 5th on piano.

You lucky! I have only one in my burn beethoven cds... the first movement of the Sixth Symphony.

Comment

Nightklavier,

Have you gone to www.cduniverse.com my friend? Lots of goodies you could find (especially beethoven as well hehe).

Comment

Originally posted by ~Immortal Beloved~:
            Nightklavier,

Have you gone to www.cduniverse.com my friend? Lots of goodies you could find (especially beethoven as well hehe).
            I think cduniverse is the best advice, my reference online shop: great sale prices for recent releases, huge catalogue and fast feedback.
            Check out also dvdsoon.com, a canadian online shop, that recently has added cds to its catalogue (many ECM label records at very good prices, at least for spanish).

Comment

I know also most of the List transcription. The mosst I adore the one of the 9th symphony. It is so awesome, especially movement 1 and 3. This way you even get to hear some details of Beethoven's score which get lost in a big orchestra. Also the Eroica sounds great being performed by the piano.

Regards
              Gerd

Comment

Originally posted by atserriotserri:

Check out also dvdsoon.com, a canadian online shop, that recently has added cds to its catalogue (many ECM label records at very good prices, at least for spanish).

Wow I need to check it out soon! This is great! :-) Thanks for sharing the address. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by gprengel:
                  I know also most of the List transcription. The mosst I adore the one of the 9th symphony. It is so awesome, especially movement 1 and 3. This way you even get to hear some details of Beethoven's score which get lost in a big orchestra. Also the Eroica sounds great being performed by the piano.

Regards
                  Gerd

I attended a live performance of the Liszt transcription of the 9th for 2 pianos. It was most interesting.
                  "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Working...
                  X