What are you listening to now ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hofrat:
    Mrs. Joseph Haydn would light her kitchen oven with manuscript pages of her husband's most recent compositions. I think the "infernal beast" got off light for for her crimes!!

I can't remember why he married her,but as I recall he felt nothing for her ,poor Papa should have held out for a better deal
    womanwise. That Italian singer didn't do much for him either.His true loves were other fellas wives .
    "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

The Great B's Symphony #4 B-flat, with Bernstein conducting.

------------------
      Brilliance does not depend on your age, but on your brain!
      Brilliance does not depend on your age, but on your brain!

Comment

This morning I am listening to the Leonore MP3's that Rod so generously provided. Very nice, indeed!

Comment

The Sonata in F for Cello & Piano - #1 - Op 5 #1 - Louis Beethoven. Pablo Casals and Rudolf Serkin.

------------------
          Regards,
          Gurn
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Regards,
          Gurn
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Softly Awakes my Heart from Samson and Delilah by Saint Saens sung by the Fabulous Marian Anderson.What a voice!
            "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Pastoralissimo
              ~Ich bin zurück als Gegenstück der unvergnûgt und missgeschickt.~

Originally posted by Pastorali:
              :Hello Geratlas: Again a while ago since you've been here, isn't it? though many listenings I think. [---]
              Gelinde gesagt, prächt'ger Pauschali.
              - Have invested much time and effort covering through the complete number of folksong settings made by LvB from late 1809 up to mid 1820. I like everyone of them very much, especially the later Scottish, and think that these and the Irish in particular suited LvB's creative zest the best.
              Long time + no see -> A really gravelike scene, I am afraid... Ars longa, vita brevis, you know:
              Originally posted by Pastorali:
              W.A. Mozart - Requiem KV.626
              Nordic Chamber Choir Süddeutsches Kammerorchester Pforzheim
              The artists are utterly unfamiliar to me (as is the town). Is this from a recording?

[This message has been edited by Geratlas (edited 03-23-2005).]

Comment

Geratlas
                Nice effort then, I like those folksongs very much too, though I drifted off them a little... always tending to Italian singings

Also now: LvB Canti Italiani a cappella WoO 99
                Before: W.A. Mozart - Le nozze di Figaro, Act 1,
                Soon: W.A. Mozart - The Complete Symphonies - disk #1 Pinnock/The English Concert

Pforzheim is a town in Germany, the recording is one of the 'Complete Wolferl Edition' by Brilliant.
                : over to you :

[This message has been edited by Pastorali (edited 03-23-2005).]

Comment

In preparation for Easter - the Rachmaninov Vespers in the new Naxos recording by the Finnish National Opera Chorus and some of their splendid soloists conducted by Eric-Olof Soderstrom . Very different from everything else of his I've heard but compelling, especially with those fabulous Eastern Orthodox basses and Russian soul. But what would one do with the rest of the night vigil this being only about an hour's worth???

------------------
                  Beethoven the Man!
                  Beethoven the Man!

Comment

The Seven Last Words of Christ on the Cross, 8 church sonatas by Haydn, orchestral version by Vienna PO / Muti. I first got this work in Haydn's string quartet arrangement, then the solo piano one, now, and finally, his original first version for orchestra. Even though I am not completely keen on church music, this is outstanding listening, 7 andantes and a presto.

------------------
                    Regards,
                    Gurn
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Regards,
                    Gurn
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
                      The Seven Last Words of Christ on the Cross.

Gurn ,
                      I just heard this yesterday on the radio, splendid singing.

Listening now to Die Forelle sung by Marion Anderson.
                      "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
                        The Seven Last Words of Christ on the Cross, 8 church sonatas by Haydn, orchestral version by Vienna PO / Muti. I first got this work in Haydn's string quartet arrangement, then the solo piano one, now, and finally, his original first version for orchestra. Even though I am not completely keen on church music, this is outstanding listening, 7 andantes and a presto.

Today it´s been emil giles rendition of the 3th,4th and 5th pianoconcerto of beethoven with the state symphony of the USSR, conducted by Kurt masur live recorded 1976.

I´ll bet I´m a lucky boy, cause I´m going to the matthew passion of Bach tomorrow with school.For a measly 10 euro´s I´ll have my first ever experience with this masterwork and not just on cd, noooo a LIVE performance in a city nearby, the 10 euro actually also cover the bus costs...I´m very excited and can´t wait till I see this masterpiece...I´ll keep ya´all updated..

Comment

Originally posted by ruudp:
                          Today it´s been emil giles rendition of the 3th,4th and 5th pianoconcerto of beethoven with the state symphony of the USSR, conducted by Kurt masur live recorded 1976.

I´ll bet I´m a lucky boy, cause I´m going to the matthew passion of Bach tomorrow with school.For a measly 10 euro´s I´ll have my first ever experience with this masterwork and not just on cd, noooo a LIVE performance in a city nearby, the 10 euro actually also cover the bus costs...I´m very excited and can´t wait till I see this masterpiece...I´ll keep ya´all updated..
                          Hello Ruudp!
                          I am anxious to hear about your concert! I heard St. Matthew Passion last sunday - authenticly with a choir of boys. Yours also so?

Comment

Last night KBYU FM presented Christ on the Mount of Olives. Below is the listing off the site of the performers. I have to confess that I am not familiar with either the orchestra nor the conductor.

Classic du jour: Beethoven Christ on the Mount of Olives – Cristina Deutekom, s; Nicolai Gedda, t; Hans Sotin, b; Bonn State Philharmonic Chorus; Beethovenhalle Orchestra; Voler Wangenheim, cond.

Comment

Lucio Silla by 15 year old Mozart.
                              "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

A Present from a friend.

Richard Strauss , Vier Letzte Lieder.
                                (Four Last Songs), Beautifully Sung by Elisabeth Schwarzkopf, /London Symphony Orchestra.

Haven't listened to all the other pieces yet.

------------------

~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~
                                ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Working...
                                X