What are you listening to now ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomás Luis de Victoria:
    Ave regina caelorum, Dixit Dominus, Laudate Dominum omnes gentes à 8, ...!

Comment

Brahms: Scherzo, Eb minor, 0p.4
      Krystian Zimmerman [piano]

Franz Zaver Richter: Oboe concerto,
      Lajos, Lencses, (oboe)
      Slovak Chamber Orchestra

Cannabich: Concerto in c for flute, oboe and bassoon.
      Johachim Schmitz [flute]
      Rainer Schnick [oboe]
      Jorg- Micheal Thome' (bassoon)
      Kurpfalzisches Kammerorchester.

Cannabich: Symphony no. 50, D minor,
      Nicolaus Esterhazy Sinfonia.

I really enjoyed these pieces by Cannabich whom I must confess I haven't really heard much of. Members here may already know that he was music director at Manheim for 20 years and composed 76 Symphonies.
      He worked to assist Mozart in acquiring a post and commission while he stayed over the winter of 1777/8, in Mannheim. Mozart lived for a time in the Cannabich household and gave almost daily keyboard lessons to the Cannabich's daughter, Rosina, for whom he composed the sonata in c, K309.

------------------

~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 03-15-2005).]

Comment

Now playing...Buxtehude music for the harpsichord.
        "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by spaceray:
          Now playing Strauss's"Voices of Spring" That's Johann not Richard.

Where is everyone?Where's Gurn's 9th and King Stephen's Brahms and Pastorali's Mozart?
          Ah, Johann Strauss Jr. It was his waltzes that my father got me started on when I was around five years old. I still very much enjoy listening to these wonderful pieces of music. My favorite waltz is 'One thousand and One Nights'.
          Today its back to Haydn, his 31, 39 and 48th symphonies. They are performed by Adam Fischer and the Austro-Hungarian Haydn Orchestra. Top notch performances.

Comment

Where is everyone?Where's Gurn's 9th and King Stephen's Brahms and Pastorali's Mozart?

Hi Space! My computer's been down and it's frustrating. It's hit and miss so far! Today it's seems to be working and for my listening pleasure it's been Beethoven's Egmont Overture and earlier today his 9th Symphony. Also via radio Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 21 in C with conductor Gerard Schwarz and the Seattle Symphony Orchestra. Eugene Istomin, piano. Love that second movement! Hopefully I'll be able to be on a little more consistantly now.

------------------
            'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Joy ,
              I've been having computer problems too.It's enough to make one want to jump in the Rhine.

I wonder if you ever read that book on Beethoven I recomended to you titled The Changing Image of Beethoven by Alesandra Commini.I found it facinating 1000s of images of Beethoven ,which ones were a true depiction of the composer?

I'm listening now to Chick Corea,Nickolaus Harnoncourt and Friedrich Gulda play Mozart's double concerto.K365
              "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Carl Maria von Weber
                Piano Sonata #1 in C major, op.24
                Jan Vermeulen on a Tröndlin fortepiano, Leipzig, 1825

Comment

Beethoven Contredances, WoO 14, Twelve German Dances, WoO 8, and Twelve Minuets, WoO 7.

------------------
                  "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly."
                  - Beethoven 1804.
                  "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
                    Hi Space! My computer's been down and it's frustrating. It's hit and miss so far! Today it's seems to be working and for my listening pleasure it's been Beethoven's Egmont Overture and earlier today his 9th Symphony. Also via radio Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 21 in C with conductor Gerard Schwarz and the Seattle Symphony Orchestra. Eugene Istomin, piano. Love that second movement! Hopefully I'll be able to be on a little more consistantly now.

Nothing like a little Beethoven to help drive the frustration away. Last night I listened to the two excerpts of the Beethoven 4th Symphony so generously supplied by Rod.

Comment

Joy ,
                      I've been having computer problems too.It's enough to make one want to jump in the Rhine.

I wonder if you ever read that book on Beethoven I recomended to you titled The Changing Image of Beethoven by Alesandra Commini.I found it facinating 1000s of images of Beethoven ,which ones were a true depiction of the composer?

I'm listening now to Chick Corea,Nickolaus Harnoncourt and Friedrich Gulda play Mozart's double concerto.K365
                      Hi Space: I know what you mean about jumping into the Rhine!! Well, it seems like most of the kinks have worked themselves out. I did get your book you recommended out of the library last year. Very interesting indeed! Lots of pictures. I'm not sure which would be a true depiction as I read it last year and would have to look at those pictures again. Which one would you pick and do you own the book? Nice book to have in your library.
                      As for my listening pleasure today is Haydn's Symphony #2 via radio. Last night was a recording of Beethoven's Symphony #2 performed at Carnegie Hall last Friday via NPR. Great performance!

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano:

Nothing like a little Beethoven to help drive the frustration away. Last night I listened to the two excerpts of the Beethoven 4th Symphony so generously supplied by Rod.
                        Hi Sorrano: You're quite right about Beethoven. He does seem to get your mind off your problems! Speaking of his Symphony #4 on my classical station they will be playing that tonight!

------------------

Comment

L. v. Beethoven's String Quartets Opp.74 & 95!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Geratlas:
                            L. v. Beethoven's String Quartets Opp.74 & 95!!!
                            :Hello Geratlas:
                            Again a while ago since you've been here, isn't it? though many listenings I think. I do enjoy one of yours who is actually Joseph Martin Kraus. Symphony in C sharp minor VB140 very nice work I admit

Comment

Enjoyed a wonderful concert last night at the Royal Albert Hall.
                              The Royal Philharmonic Orcherstra was a delight under the baton of Daniele Gatti, gave a superb performance of: Brahms, Song of Destiny (Schicksalslied) and the very moving, German Requiem.
                              Thomas Hampson (an American Baritone), possesses one of today's most beautiful vioces, very powerful and expressive. The Sopranist, Barbara Hendrick's , sung beautifully with her sweet, silken vioce.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 03-17-2005).]

Comment

Amalie
                                Sounds like a Concerto grandioso - wonderful! Barbara Hendricks? I could get green of envy....
                                I instead got a 'normal' music day today and started this morning with:
                                CBE #18 'Secural Vocal Works' with gems like Ah! Perfido op.65, Primo amore WoO 92, No, non turbati WoO 92a and Ne' giorni tuoi felici WoO 93 - splendid!
                                Right now: Il diabolo Maestro Niccolo Paganini
                                Violin Concertos #3 in E major & #6 in E minor
                                Alexandre Dubach Violin - Orchestre Philharmonique de Monte-Carlo/Lorence Foster

Comment

Working...
                                X