X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W.A. Mozart - String Quintets
    KV.174 in B flat major
    KV.406 in C minor
    Orlando Quartet (with Nobuko Imai, viola)

Comment

[QUOTE]

Sonata in Eb for Piano - D 568 - Franz Schubert.

------------------
      Regards,
      Gurn
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[This message has been edited by Peter (edited 03-11-2005).]
      Regards,
      Gurn
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Tony, I am a big fan of Berlioz!

Today I am listening to Rod's MP3's. I've been listening to those for the past few days (catch up time) and I am very impressed, especially with the period instruments.

[This message has been edited by Peter (edited 03-11-2005).]

Comment

Tonight on NPR Clarinetist Richard Stoltzman gets together with Da Camera Houston to play the Septet, Op. 20 by Beethoven. Also Brahms Symphony No. 1.

------------------
          'Truth and beauty joined'
          'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Schubert's Oktett D 803 in F major played on period instruments by Hausmusik.
            "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by spaceray:
              Schubert's Oktett D 803 in F major played on period instruments by Hausmusik.
              A marvellous piece Spaceray Do you know if the version you were listening to can be purchased?

------------------
              Love from London
              Love from London

Comment

Originally posted by Tony_ London:
                Romeo et Juliette Berlioz Riccardo Muti and the Philadelphia Orchestra A time honoured legend Any other Berlioz lovers out there? I have been listening to Harold en Italie a lot recently Wonderful

Hello Tony!

I am also a great admirer of Berlioz! Especially of his opera Les Troyens, Te Deum and his songs (not only the great Les nuits d'été).

Comment

Originally posted by Tony_ London:
                  A marvellous piece Spaceray Do you know if the version you were listening to can be purchased?

Tony,
                  This recording is on EMI from 1991,I bought it at the used CD shop.Someone must not have enjoyed the period instruments.I really love the variations.
                  space

"Finis coronat opus "

Comment

This evening its all Haydn, Symphonies Nos.42,45,48 and 53. All performed by Adam Fischer and the Austro-Hungarian Haydn Orchestra. I also have the Dorati edition recorded back in the early 70's and transfered to cd in the late 80's. At that time I ejoyed the Dorati very much but in my opinion the Fischer edition is heads over Dorati. The set comes with all 104 Symphonies and the Sinfonia Concertante along with the 'A' and 'B' symphonies. The Nimbus discs have a clear,clean sound. The liner notes are well thought out and add, at least for me, a well rounded view of the history of Haydn's Symphonies. I expect this set to be on top for many years to come.

[This message has been edited by King Stephen (edited 03-13-2005).]

Comment

I just came home from the opera (Baltimore Opera). It was the opening night of "Le Nozze Di Figaro." Very enjoyable evening!

Comment

My Sunday morning tunes:
                        W.A. Mozart
                        Thamos, König von Ägypten KV.345 (336a)
                        Ballet Music - Les petits riens KV.299b
                        Ballet Music - from Idomeneo KV.366

Comment

For me this morning it's Borodin's String Quartet no 2 in D minor,The Lafayette String Quartet.
                          "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Now playing Strauss's"Voices of Spring" That's Johann not Richard.

Where is everyone?Where's Gurn's 9th and King Stephen's Brahms and Pastorali's Mozart?
                            "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by spaceray:
                              Now playing Strauss's"Voices of Spring" That's Johann not Richard.

Where is everyone?Where's Gurn's 9th and King Stephen's Brahms and Pastorali's Mozart?
                              Spacerl
                              Too much music... we are all busy listeners, almost no time to post here... Johann's piece seems to be program this week - springtime comes and wakes up my pastoralemente!

My recent listenings:
                              LvB - Christus am Ölberge
                              Mozart - Idomeneo Act I
                              and now a collection of nearly all of his Overtures by Naxos. Capella Istropolitana/Barry Wordsworth

Comment

W.A. Mozart
                                String Trio in E flat major KV.563

A friend told me this work shall be better than punk rock and I have totally to agree
                                Fernandez/Terakado/Zipperling

Later then the Duos KV.423 & KV.424 not bad too I bet...

Comment

Working...
                                X