• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haydn's Sunrise string quartet.
    "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Joachim Raff
      Symphonies 8, 9, 10, and 11
      (often refered to as his "Four Seasons")

Hofrat

"Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Beethoven Symphonie No.7.

Egmont Overture 0p. 84

Berlin Philarmoniker / Joseph Keiberth

------------------

~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Klemperer's Beethoven 7th aired this morning (just the last movement) but it didn't stir me as much as other renditions. I would say that it is ok.

Comment

Brahms Clarinet Sonatas in F minor and in E flat Major.Recomended to be by His Royal Highness King Stephen.
            Thanks Steve ,these are wonderful.
            "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by spaceray:
              Brahms Clarinet Sonatas in F minor and in E flat Major.Recomended to be by His Royal Highness King Stephen.
              Thanks Steve ,these are wonderful.
              You are welcomed. Johannes certainly had a way with the clarinet, he has a tender and warm relationship with the instrument.Why some people are not turned on to Brahms is beyond me, but then again I tend to stop with the last great composer, Dvorak. After D. I tend to nitpick my way through the 20th century music. It's not that I haven't heard enough of it, it's that I just don't like most of it. Before I get bombarded, this is not a condemnation of 20th century music,it is my own likes and dislikes of music.

[This message has been edited by King Stephen (edited 05-14-2005).]

Comment

I have been in love for the past several weeks with the Concerto for Clarinet and Viola by Max Bruch. This is not one of the two or three works which Bruch is remembered for, is off the beaten path for him. And it is an extraordinarily beautiful work.
                See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Very good Chaszz! Good to hear from you agin. How's your art going? For me today it will be Beethoven's Symphony #6 his Pastoral, Liszt's transcriptions. Wonderful stuff!

------------------
                  'Truth and beauty joined'
                  'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
                    Very good Chaszz! Good to hear from you agin. How's your art going? For me today it will be Beethoven's Symphony #6 his Pastoral, Liszt's transcriptions. Wonderful stuff!

Thanks for asking, Joy. It is going well. I will be posting some new works on my website soon and will let you know here.
                    See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Originally posted by King Stephen:
                      You are welcomed. Johannes certainly had a way with the clarinet, he has a tender and warm relationship with the instrument.Why some people are not turned on to Brahms is beyond me, but then again I tend to stop with the last great composer, Dvorak. After D. I tend to nitpick my way through the 20th century music. It's not that I haven't heard enough of it, it's that I just don't like most of it. Before I get bombarded, this is not a condemnation of 20th century music,it is my own likes and dislikes of music.

[This message has been edited by King Stephen (edited 05-14-2005).]
                      I seem to be making a little specialty of listening to late Romantic composers who either flourished in the 20th C. or survived into it from the 19th. I think it's quite a little list, almost enough for a movement of its own, surviving valiantly against the metal gunship background of atonal music: Sibelius, Richard Strauss, Barber, my newfound Max Bruch, Elgar, Vaughan Williams, etc. There are a number of other English ones whose names I forget, who I've heard on Naxos web radio.

Comment

Chaszz,
                        I've been enjoying Max Bruch also the opus 83,8 pieces for clarinet, viola, and piano.
                        Now this is music well worth breaking the silence for.
                        I've borrowed a Bruch biography from the library ,do you know much about him?
                        Space
                        "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Horowitz playing Schumann's Kinderszenen and a various other pieces by Scarlatti, Schubert and Scriabin! What a sibillant line up..... Its the "Sound of Horovitz album from the amazing 10 CD Original Jacket box set which cost me £20 pounds. Less than £2 a CD for classic Horowitz recordings, it may be a bargain but it feels like a crime.....

------------------
                          Beethoven the Man!

[This message has been edited by JA Gardiner (edited 05-15-2005).]
                          Beethoven the Man!

Comment

Today I am listening to two of Haydn's Masses. The first is the Missa in angustiis ("Nelsonmesse") and then the Mass No.12 in B flat called the "Theresienmesse"
                            The last six masses of Haydn constiute his finist works in the genre. With his symphonic compostions at an end, Haydn again takes up the art of orchestration in these wonderful works.

Comment

listening to:

Andre Campra (1660-1744).
                              Grand Motets - 1. Notus in Judea Deus.
                              2. De profundis
                              3. Exaudiat te Dominus
                              4. Requiem: Intriot

by, Les Arts Florrisants / William Christie.

A wonderful recording of baroque by the leading ensemble.

------------------

Comment

W.A.Mozart
                                Concerto for piano and violin
                                K.315f (Anhang 56)
                                Reconstructed (or re-created) by Phillip Wilby
                                "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Working...
                                X