Toronto Mendelssohn Choir
    Toronto Symphony Orchestra

Leo Weiner - Divertimento no.2,0p24
    Liszt Ferenc Chamber Orchestra.

------------------

~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 03-01-2005).]

Funny you should ask ...Opus 131 with the Quartetto Italiano.
    "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Funny indeed. For me, some Chopin, the Waltz in Ab Op 34 #1. Not bad, actually!

------------------
      Regards,
      Gurn
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Regards,
      Gurn
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Mozart Piano Sonatas ( complete) Mitsuko Uchida. And for something completely different - k. d.lang Hymns of the 49th Parallel ( songs by Bruce Cockburn, Leonard Cohen, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young etc.) - fantastic voice and classically trained I gather - I wonder if there's any chance of getting her to record some of the Lotte Lenya repertoire?????

------------------
        Beethoven the Man!
        Beethoven the Man!

Comment

Originally posted by JA Gardiner:
          k. d.lang Hymns of the 49th Parallel ( songs by Bruce Cockburn, Leonard Cohen, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young etc.) - fantastic voice and classically trained I gather - I wonder if there's any chance of getting her to record some of the Lotte Lenya repertoire?????

JAG,
          Are you having Canada day over there? ,k d
          Bruce,Neil, Joni,and Lenny.
          Give Teresa Stratas (another Canadian) a listen,her Kurt Weill was so powerful that Lotte actually gave her the original manuscript.
          Surabaya Johnny is my favorite of the cabaret songs.
          "Take that pipe out of your mouth you dog!"

I'm listening to Kempff's arrangments of Bach played by ,good heavens, another Canadian !
          "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
            Funny indeed. For me, some Chopin, the Waltz in Ab Op 34 #1. Not bad, actually!

Gurn ,I didn't realize you were such a big Chopin fan.I like him too.He was a bit of an odd duck ,he adored Poland and carried a vial of soil from his homeland in his breast pocket.He didn't like crowds and was often miserable when he was performing .
            I get the impression that his girlfriend George was quite mean to him,I wonder if he was so unhappy in Paris why didn't he just hop the coach back to Warsaw?
            "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by spaceray:
              Gurn ,I didn't realize you were such a big Chopin fan.I like him too.He was a bit of an odd duck ,he adored Poland and carried a vial of soil from his homeland in his breast pocket.He didn't like crowds and was often miserable when he was performing .
              I get the impression that his girlfriend George was quite mean to him,I wonder if he was so unhappy in Paris why didn't he just hop the coach back to Warsaw?
              Sand's children Maurice and Solange played a great part in driving the two apart. Chopin stayed in Paris because it was the centre of the musical world.

------------------
              'Man know thyself'
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by spaceray:

JAG,
                Are you having Canada day over there? ,k d
                Bruce,Neil, Joni,and Lenny.
                Give Teresa Stratas (another Canadian) a listen,her Kurt Weill was so powerful that Lotte actually gave her the original manuscript.
                Surabaya Johnny is my favorite of the cabaret songs.
                "Take that pipe out of your mouth you dog!"

I'm listening to Kempff's arrangments of Bach played by ,good heavens, another Canadian !
                Dear Spacerl
                Yup - all this album needed was your national anthem and it could be given away with Canadian passports! kd's versions of After the Goldrush, Jericho, and Bird on a Wire are superb and her version of Hallelujah ( eat your heart out Jeff Buckley!) could be a contender for an alternative National Anthem - I just listen to it over and over again. I'll look out for Ms. Stratas in Weill, after Lotte and Ute Lemper she's got some shoes to fill!
                Today its back to the Boss - complete Piano Sonatas - not, alas, your favourite if weird Canadian ( aren't they all??!)but Jean-Bernard Pommier. Don't know if I'll manage all 32 but it should give some inspiration to face my mountain of work and a Council meeting this evening!

------------------
                Beethoven the Man!
                Beethoven the Man!

Comment

W.A. Mozart
                  'The Complete Masonic Music'
                  Equilez/Rapf/Choir & Orchestra of the Vienna Volksoper/Peter Maag Conductor

105 minutes of nicest music which makes me really glad and happy!

Comment

Schubert: Impromptu no.4, D899
                    Sook-Hyun Cho [piano]

Brahms: Four songs for womens vioces, two horns & harp, 0p.17
                    Danish National Choir.

------------------

Comment

Today at work I listened to Mozart's String Quintets. Some of the most delightful chamber music ever written, I think.

Comment

I'm listening to Mozart's Sonata in B flat Major K 378 with Malcolm Bilson playing the fortepiano and Sergiu Luca playing the violin.
                        "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony. It has me yearning for spring. Performed here by John Eliot Gadiner and the Orchestre Revolutionnaire et Romantique. I like this recording but I like the von Karajan 1962 recording more. HvK has the Berlin orchestra playing as if the work were ushering in spring. JEG would be my next choice.

Comment

CD listening this evening.

Antonio Vivaldi: La Stravaganza, 12 Violin Concertos.
                            Rachel Podger {violin}
                            Arte Dei Sounatori.

------------------

Comment

Now playing ,Beethoven String Trio opus 3 no 8 ,with L'Archibudelli.
                              "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Working...
                              X