No announcement yet.

Copying Beethoven - Ed Harris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be perfect if the first performance is on 17th December.It would be a present for Beethoven's birthday

Comment

Originally posted by srivele:
      The shoot will take 42 days, which is about average for a picture at this budget level. Most big films take about 60 days, more or less. (Though you may remember Clint Eastwood saying at the Oscars that he shot Million Dollar Baby in 37 days. But that's because he knows exactly what he wants and plans accordingly.) It is the pre- and post-production process that take months. We expect our film to be in post for some six months. I still have hopes that it will be out for Christmas, but I'm not counting on it.
      I heard George Lucas shot the latest Star Wars movie in six hours, and then the last three years were all post production

Comment

And do you know when will be redy the first movie trailer of Copying Beethoven?

Comment

On Beethoven´s conducting:

There´s an evidence about Beethoven´s conducting using a baton (the only one that it seems to be authentic). It was during the 1822 "Fidelio" revival, with the young singer Wilhelmine Schröeder-Devrient as Leonore (included on her memories and quoted by Maynard Solomon on his biography among other references):

"The last rehearsals were set, when I learned before the dress rehearsal that Beethoven had asked for the honor of conducting the work himself in celebration of the day. On hearing this news a great fear came over me, and I also remember my frightful awkwardness which nearly drove my poor mother, as well as those who were working with me, to despair. But Beethoven sat in the orchestra and waved his baton over everyone's heads, and I had never seen the man before!-- At that time the master's physical ear was already closed to all sounds. With a bewildered face and unearthly inspired eyes, waving his baton back and forth with violent motions, he stood in the midst of the performing musicians and didn't hear a note! If he thought it should be piano he crouched down and almost under the conductor's desk and if he wanted forte he jumped up with the strangest gestures, uttering the weirdest sounds. With each piece our courage dwindled further and I felt as though I were watching one of Hoffmann's fantastic figures appear before me. The inevitable happened: the deaf master threw the singers and orchestra completely off the beat and into the greatest confusion, and no one knew any longer where they were. Beethoven, however, knew nothing of all this, and so with difficulty our rehearsal came to an end, with which he seemed well satisfied, for he laid down his baton with a cheery smile. But now it was impossible to entrust him with the performance, and Kapellmeister Umlauf had to perform the heart-rending task of pointing out to him that the opera could not be given under his direction. I am told that he resigned himself with a melancholy look upwards, and I found him at the performance on the following night sitting in the orchestra behind Umlauf lost in profound thought. . . . Beethoven followed the whole performance with eager attention, and he looked as if he were trying to see from each of our gestures whether we have even half understood him."

Let´s recall that Ludwig Sphor introduced the baton (succesfully according to his autobiography) in England in 1820, and Beethoven and him were very close each other.

Comment

Hey you guys!!!!! Check out this week's Time magazine for a photograph of Ed as LVB - he looks unrecognisible but fantastic. See what you meant about the contact lens Mr Rivele

------------------
            Beethoven the Man!
            Beethoven the Man!

Comment

Just a suggestion, but maybe there could be a new topic on how things are going...

------------------
              "Wer ein holdes weib errungen..."
              "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

yea how are things going? im very excited to hear what is going on in with this movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Rutradelusasa:
                  Just a suggestion, but maybe there could be a new topic on how things are going...

Yes I think you are right, this one is overlong so we will continue in a new thread!

------------------
                  'Man know thyself'
                  'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
                  X