No announcement yet.

Copying Beethoven - Ed Harris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried updating the "Copying Beethoven" page on imd.com?

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainStigmata:
      Have you tried updating the "Copying Beethoven" page on imd.com?

Aha! So it's you, Captain Stigmata! Why are you trying to update the IMDB web page? That's my job.

Comment

Hello!
        I cant't be thinking about the other Beethoven film. One of the most ridiculous scenes for me was the scene, where all the three brothers looked through the fence at Caspar's new-found love Johanna. Of course this could have been possible, but generally I don't find it giving a right picture of this time in the history. Publicly doing something like this would not have been accepted and there would the rigorous standards of Ludwig in this respect have also made a hindrance, wouldn't they?

There are many ways...

Comment

Originally posted by Johan:
          Hello!
          I cant't be thinking about the other Beethoven film. One of the most ridiculous scenes for me was the scene, where all the three brothers looked through the fence at Caspar's new-found love Johanna. Of course this could have been possible, but generally I don't find it giving a right picture of this time in the history. Publicly doing something like this would not have been accepted and there would the rigorous standards of Ludwig in this respect have also made a hindrance, wouldn't they?

There are many ways...

Sorry!
          It should be of course: "I can't avoid thinking...

Comment

Day six of shooting and all goes well.

A quick question for you:

What color were Beethoven's eyes?

Comment

They are brown in all the paintings I've seen.

http://web02.hnh.com/composerPaintin.../Beethoven.jpgHere</a> is a nice big jpeg that shows them pretty clearly.

Comment

Hmm...I have red in some books that his eyes were BLUE.

Comment

I have read in only one of my books that someone had said they were blue but in all the portraits painted of him they are always brown. Given his skin tone and hair colour(although not really scientific evidence I know) I vote for brown!

------------------
                  'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

I think they are blue in the movie:Immortal beloved.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
                      They are brown in all the paintings I've seen.

http://web02.hnh.com/composerPaintin.../Beethoven.jpgHere</a> is a nice big jpeg that shows them pretty clearly.

Yes, looking at the portraits, they seem to be brown. Ed Harris, who has very bright blue eyes, is wearing dark brown contact lenses, which makes his appearance even more intense. (I hope to have photos from the shoot for you soon.) He is also wearing ear plugs, so no one can talk to him on the set - everyone has to shout. From all accounts, he is totally into the character.

Comment

They were likely brown.
                        Kloeber (a painter) remembered that Beethoven had greyish-blue eyes. Probably his memory didn't serve him well.

Comment

Originally posted by bfanatic:
                          They were likely brown.
                          Kloeber (a painter) remembered that Beethoven had greyish-blue eyes. Probably his memory didn't serve him well.

Well, I have some good news and some bad news. The good news: I have seen the first pictures of Ed Harris as Beethoven, and they are stunning. The transformation is total. He has somehow managed to invoke the spirit of the aged Beethoven, in all its forbidding complexity, darkness, isolation and brilliance. The bad news: the publicity people do not want us to publish any images from the shoot since they cannot know how, by whom and for what purpose they may be reproduced. So I am afraid we will have to wait at least until the shoot is over. My apologies.

Comment

What a pity!

Comment

Originally posted by srivele:

Well, I have some good news and some bad news. The good news: I have seen the first pictures of Ed Harris as Beethoven, and they are stunning. The transformation is total. He has somehow managed to invoke the spirit of the aged Beethoven, in all its forbidding complexity, darkness, isolation and brilliance. The bad news: the publicity people do not want us to publish any images from the shoot since they cannot know how, by whom and for what purpose they may be reproduced. So I am afraid we will have to wait at least until the shoot is over. My apologies.
                              Well, we appreciate the effort, and as always, we appreciate you keeping us up to date.

Comment

Well, too bad, but I can understand why. Thanks for always keeping us updated and glad to hear the shooting is going so well!

------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X