26th March 1827

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

26th March 1827

How quick a year goes! Yet another anniversary of the great B's death - 178 years ago have now passed since that momentous day. Also on this day is another great Beethoven occasion that usually gets overlooked. On 26th March 1778, Beethoven gave his first public performance in the Sternengasse,Cologne.

Special message for Andrea: If you are visiting the Zentralfriedhof today please lay some flowers on behalf of us all at the Beethoven Reference Site, many thanks!

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Yes, indeed a sad date for all Beethoven fans. Unfortunately I won't be able to visit Beethoven's grave today since I am not feeling so well. Besides I enjoy going to Zentralfriedhof during the week when there are fewer people there. Then one can stand by his grave alone and not be in the midst of a busload of camera carrying Japanese tourists.

------------------
    "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly."
    - Beethoven 1804.
    "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Working...
    X