how to play trills in beethoven's pathétique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to play trills in beethoven's pathétique

Hi, i'm having troubles in playing the trills in the right hand of the con brio section of the first movement of Beethoven's Path?tique... Do you have any tips on how to do these trills correctly?

________
    Ducati GT1000
    Last edited by luis79; 01-22-2011, 01:08 AM.
    thanks

I assume you are referring to the little Pralltriller bars 47-48 etc.. Well you must make sure they are not played as quaver triplets. They should be 2 demisemiquavers followed by a slightly accented dotted quaver. Use the fingering 243

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
      I assume you are referring to the little Pralltriller bars 47-48 etc.. Well you must make sure they are not played as quaver triplets. They should be 2 demisemiquavers followed by a slightly accented dotted quaver. Use the fingering 243

Pardon my ignorance in this, but to translate this to "American" would that be playing the trills as 32nd notes followed by a dotted quarter note?

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano:
        Pardon my ignorance in this, but to translate this to "American" would that be playing the trills as 32nd notes followed by a dotted quarter note?
        Quavers are 8th notes, so two 32nds followed by dotted 8th - How I much prefer quavers and semiquavers!!

------------------
        'Man know thyself'
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

To me "quaver" sounds like a little vibrato or something.

Comment

Thanks a lot! now it sounds right...
            ________
            Buell M2
            Last edited by luis79; 01-22-2011, 01:08 AM.
            thanks

Comment

Quavers are 8th notes, so two 32nds followed by dotted 8th - How I much prefer quavers and semiquavers!!

Any idea regarding the root of the word quaver? (Sorry to be off topic, here.)

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano:

Any idea regarding the root of the word quaver? (Sorry to be off topic, here.)
                The English terms, Breve (whole note), semibreve,Minim, crotchet, quaver, semiquaver, demisemiquaver and even semihemidemisemiquaver (128th note!!!!) are all based on the old Latin names from the middle ages. The French use descriptive terms such as Blanche (white, half-note) Noire (black, quarter note). The American terminology is based on the German system.

------------------
                'Man know thyself'
                'Man know thyself'

Comment

The English terms, Breve (whole note), semibreve,Minim, crotchet, quaver, semiquaver, demisemiquaver and even semihemidemisemiquaver (128th note!!!!)...
                  I thought a semibreve, not a breve, was a whole note. No?

[This message has been edited by Chris (edited 03-24-2005).]

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
                    I thought a semibreve, not a breve, was a whole note. No?

Yes you are right - you see how I get confused with your American terms!

A Breve is a Double Whole Note!!

------------------
                    'Man know thyself'
                    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
                    X