Duets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duets

anyone know any good duets for flute and piano? thinking Beethoven or thinking romantic style or late classical? something note entirely easy but not hard. moderate difficulty maybe. thanks

what about serenade in d major op. 25 by Beethoven. is that really challenging for pianist and flutist? and if not do you know where i could get the music for that?
    thanks

Comment

Try this site, it also gives difficulty ratings.
      http://www.mostlywind.co.uk/repertoi.html

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by KyleC:
        what about serenade in d major op. 25 by Beethoven. is that really challenging for pianist and flutist? and if not do you know where i could get the music for that?
        thanks
        The version of op25 for flute and piano I believe was not Beethoven's. He may have only corrected someone else's transcription. I'll look into it, but the original (for flute, violin and viola) is superior.

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

There are the two sets of variations on National Airs, Opus 105 and Opus 107 for flute and piano. These sixteen tunes were also arranged by Beethoven for voices and piano trio accompaniment.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
            The version of op25 for flute and piano I believe was not Beethoven's. He may have only corrected someone else's transcription. I'll look into it, but the original (for flute, violin and viola) is superior.

I agree, the original is the better of the two by far. here is the poop on Op 41:
            "Arranged by Franz Xaver Kleinheinz; Beethoven corrected & approved the arrangement".

------------------
            Regards,
            Gurn
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Regards,
            Gurn
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

well when someone arranges somethign what exactly are they doing? and thanks everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
                I agree, the original is the better of the two by far. here is the poop on Op 41:
                "Arranged by Franz Xaver Kleinheinz; Beethoven corrected & approved the arrangement".

Indeed, Op41 is the piano/flute version of op25 but I have a recording of op41 and you can tell within a few seconds this is not a genuine Beethoven arrangement, though all the music is recogniseable from the original of course. Similarly 'Beethoven's' Op42, the 'Notturno' for viola and piano, is an arrangement of the trio Op8 but is not a genuine Beethoven effort. Like Op41 it is someone else's handywork only corrected by Beethoven.

------------------
                "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 02-26-2005).]
                http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

I'm a flutist, and Beethoven had composed a wonderful duo for two flutes, ALLEGRO AND MINUETTO,(opus 26, i think), and ,in my oppinion,it's not difficult, but formidable!!! i play this song.

Comment

There is one sonata Op4 for flute and piano from beethoven... its more like haydn-mozart stile, but i found it beautiful anyway. Ande if you look for something little hard and romantic, chaminade or franck have sonatas for piano and flute.

Comment

Working...
                    X