On This Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On This Day!

On March 15, 1807 -- At a concert given for his benefit, Ludwig van Beethoven conducts the first performance of his Symphony No. 4.

Wouldn't you have loved to be there?!!

------------------
    'Truth and beauty joined'

I would love to have been at any of Beethoven's concerts to see him conduct or perform live. Living here in Vienna now is the next best thing since I can go to all of the places where he lived and performed his concerts (at least those that are still standing).
    "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood:
      I would love to have been at any of Beethoven's concerts to see him conduct or perform live. Living here in Vienna now is the next best thing since I can go to all of the places where he lived and performed his concerts (at least those that are still standing).
      Yes indeed - I forgot to treat myself to a Sachertorte at the Hotel Sacher (site of the old kaertnerthor) - oh well, next time!

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Hollywood,
        You are living in Wienna. I am green with envy!

Comment

I agree Hollywood! My friend and I are planning a trip to Europe and, of course, I will be visiting all those areas you mentioned!

------------------

Comment

I planned last year twice a trip to Vienna. Unfortunately I had to delete both of them within the last minutes... it was to pull out all hairs!!!!

Only good that I don't live that far away - one day it's reality - little brown Wurstls and a Pils at the Prater...

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:

Wouldn't you have loved to be there?!!

Oh yes...I'll do anything to see beethoven in action.

Comment

Working...
              X