Is Beethoven addictive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PDG View Post
    ....On the classical appreciation journey, Beethoven is the end of the road.

------------------
    Peter (PDG)
    Ah yes. There is a lot of great music out there, but for me, nothing surpasses Beethoven. The other music serves more for a diversion so that one does not lose their sense of appreciation for Beethoven. Just take an excursion away from Beethoven for a while and you'll come running back.
    "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
    --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Comment

You won't believe what I have got! A 1930 gramophone ( no horn) and 78s! I have a 78 of Brahms- of course loads of crackles but it is charming. I like old records for the vintage charm, but yes Beethoven is best on the highest quality sound. Would be nice to find a way old 78 of something of his though.
      Since I posted this I looked through my 78s and I found The Turkish March there! A 1930s recording!!!

Yes, Harvey true lol...
      Ludwig van Beethoven
      Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
      Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post
        Since I posted this I looked through my 78s and I found The Turkish March there! A 1930s recording!!!

Yes, Harvey true lol...
        How about a 1935 Ninth from 78 RPM in Digital format: Felix Weingartner, conductor
        Scroll down for the downloadable files.
        "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
          How about a 1935 Ninth from 78 RPM in Digital format: Felix Weingartner, conductor
          Scroll down for the downloadable files.
          Fascinating! It's the same orchestra as on my 78. The conductor for the Turkish March was Karl Alwin. Oh and on the other side of my 78 is Mozart's Turkish March. I haven't played it yet as I need to get new needles for the gramophone.My gramophone is a Columbia Grafonola.

P.S Can it be saved onto one's home computer?
          Ludwig van Beethoven
          Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

RIght click the music files (I usually go with the VBR MP3s) and save to your hard drive. Then burn a disc.

That site has all sorts of music transposed from 78s and it is free, they link a copyright page and music copyrighting is variable depending on how old it is. Apparently stuff on 78s is old enough to be free.

Comment

RIght click the music files (I usually go with the VBR MP3s) and save to your hard drive. Then burn a disc.

That site has all sorts of music transposed from 78s and it is free, they link a copyright page and music copyrighting is variable depending on how old it is. Apparently stuff on 78s is old enough to be free.
              Great thanks!
              Ludwig van Beethoven
              Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

I feel an all Beethoven craze coming on....(with the exception of my favorite works by Handel) Does that count?
                For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                  I feel an all Beethoven craze coming on....(with the exception of my favorite works by Handel) Does that count?
                  Oh indeed there is a LvB craze coming on hehe...though at the moment I am having a little Haydn craze ( watching a documentary)...
                  Ludwig van Beethoven
                  Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Hayden is very good. I have his Missa Brevis and it is quite beautiful.

Comment

Hayden is very good. I have his Missa Brevis and it is quite beautiful.
                      Not heard that- must give it a listen!
                      Ludwig van Beethoven
                      Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post
                        I'd call that a Turkish Delight!

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
                          I'd call that a Turkish Delight!
                          Hehe
                          Ludwig van Beethoven
                          Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Working...
                          X