Why do you like L. van Beethoven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you like L. van Beethoven?

I'm a Brazilian young flutist (13 years old), and I really like L v. Beethoven. I want to know why people in all the world like this fantastic composer,in my oppinion the best in all the world.

Hey Welcome to the board! Yes i agree..he's the best composer in the universe!

[This message has been edited by ~Immortal Beloved~ (edited 03-15-2005).]

Comment

Hi Carol, why do we like (love) Beethoven?!
      So many reasons! His music jumps out first and foremost. His courage in the face of deafness and health problems. Obstacles that could have deterred him from a life of music but didn't. He just kept going and writing getting better and better. His tenacity, never giving up when all around him things at times seemed to crumble. I have great respect for the man and his music. He's my inspiration as I've mentioned many times before.

------------------
      'Truth and beauty joined'
      'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Ei, bem vinda ao fórum... agora somos 2 .

------------------
        "Wer ein holdes weib errungen..."
        "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum, Carol.

Why do I like Beethoven? What's not to like! I must agree with alot of what Joy has already said. I fell in love with Beethoven's music when I heard it for the first time over 40 years ago. This first introduction to the wonderful world of Beethoven's music was his Sym. #5. Hearing this piece was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

I now live in Vienna, Austria (Heiligenstadt to be exact)where I am surrounded by Beethoven; houses where he lived and the lovely surroundings where he loved to go for walks and where he stopped to compose.

------------------
          There are far worse things awaiting man than death.
          "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Hi Carol! My experience was similar to Hollywood's - heard the 5th symphony when 12 and was hooked. His music is so direct and powerful - it has a sincerity and inevitablilty about it as though it had always been (who would guess the laborious reshaping of phrases in the sketchbooks!). In Beethoven's own words over the Missa Solemnis 'from the heart, may it go to the heart' - this could apply to all his music.

------------------
            'Man know thyself'
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Welcome dear Carol,

I fell in love with Beethoven's music for 20 years. He captured my heart totally!

Beethoven forever!

Comment

Welcome to the board, Carol! When I first heard/played Beethoven's music I felt as if Beethoven had spoken to me individually and I liked what I heard.

Comment

Working...
                X