sonata cycle on BBC3 archives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sonata cycle on BBC3 archives

Hi all, I am new to this site (but not at all new to the music of Beethoven) so I haven't checked through all the posts etc but I was wondering, webmaster/moderator, if you knew about the complete sonata cycle in concert by Arturo Pizzaro available online at the BBC's classical music station, BBC3. I tried to copy/paste the link to here but it didn't work. If this isn't already public knowledge to you all, you might like to check it out at www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/classical and find the link in there..somewhere...It is nice to be able to hear the less popular sonatas, most of which I have never heard, and at the end of one of them (no22 or 24, I think, daring not to trust my memory too much) they had an encore of a Liszt transcription of one of the 5th Symphony movements which was spellbinding, and my ears, not a little Schubertian. An unexpected bonus, 'twas indeed! Happy listening!

cool! thanks for the link.

by the way, the direct link is:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/classica...ro/index.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by alex ovenden696:
      Hi all, I am new to this site (but not at all new to the music of Beethoven) so I haven't checked through all the posts etc but I was wondering, webmaster/moderator, if you knew about the complete sonata cycle in concert by Arturo Pizzaro available online at the BBC's classical music station, BBC3. I tried to copy/paste the link to here but it didn't work. If this isn't already public knowledge to you all, you might like to check it out at www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/classical and find the link in there..somewhere...It is nice to be able to hear the less popular sonatas, most of which I have never heard, and at the end of one of them (no22 or 24, I think, daring not to trust my memory too much) they had an encore of a Liszt transcription of one of the 5th Symphony movements which was spellbinding, and my ears, not a little Schubertian. An unexpected bonus, 'twas indeed! Happy listening!
      I can only second that, the liszt arrangment of the finale of the 1st symphony is a blast aswell, and his playing is very sophisticated, butt...his 3th movement of the moonlight is a bit to fast for me a bit to, jagged, not enough melodious and the hammerklavier performance of emil gilels is still the best I've heard untill now.

Regards,
      Ruud

Comment

Originally posted by ruudp:
        I can only second that, the liszt arrangment of the finale of the 1st symphony is a blast aswell, and his playing is very sophisticated, butt...his 3th movement of the moonlight is a bit to fast for me a bit to, jagged, not enough melodious and the hammerklavier performance of emil gilels is still the best I've heard untill now.

Regards,
        Ruud
        Perhaps you missed the main intention of my post? For me it is more a great opportunity to hear sonatas that I have never heard rather than a chance to compare his version of the better known pieces with those of other pianists. And they may not be there in the available-now archives for long, therefore he who hesitates may lose the opportunity to hear them free. We should make hay while the sun shines, no?

Comment

Pizaro is fast and furious. Those recordings suite people who's fast and furious.

Did you listen to his ranting with the presenter as well? Fast and furious with no actual content.

Comment

Working...
          X