Clear All

Authentic page mp3s - Ah Perfido Op.65

Now available to members at www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/authentic.html

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Originally posted by Peter:
    Now available to members at www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/authentic.html

An reasonable performance here I think, ok but nothing special. Soloist could be better. But I've heard much worse versions in all respects. This CD is good if you're looking for a recording of the Mass in C which is the main item on this disk.

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 12-09-2004).]
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
      An reasonable performance here I think, ok but nothing special. Soloist could be better. But I've heard much worse versions in all respects. This CD is good if you're looking for a recording of the Mass in C which is the main item on this disk.

Ah! faithless.

Here Beethoven takes us on a roller coaster of emotions, from proud outrage to melting despair.
      I agree Rod, not a brilliant performance, but enjoyable. I have a rather old 1951 crackly recording of this piece,( sounds like sausages gently sizzling in the background ). Wonderfully Sung by Gre Brounwenstijn, with the Amsterdam Concertgebouw Orchestra/ Otto Klemperer.

------------------
      ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~
      ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Hey! I like Margiono :@!

I like Gardiner a lot, Margiono could be Orgonasova and it would be better. But the performance is very good.
        I'm not downloading it , I'm a happy owner of the CD, to which I listen as if there was not tomorrow.

------------------
        "Wer ein holdes weib errungen..."
        "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Rod,
          This is very nice! Gardiner is always a good accompanist, and I guess my ear is not as discriminating, but I thought the vocaliste did a very creditable job. Thanks,

------------------
          Regards,
          Gurn
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Regards,
          Gurn
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
            Rod,
            This is very nice! Gardiner is always a good accompanist, and I guess my ear is not as discriminating, but I thought the vocaliste did a very creditable job. Thanks,

Don't worry, I don't like any vocalist!

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
              Don't worry, I don't like any vocalist!
              Well, I don't like any singing, so we have an additional point of agreement!

------------------
              Regards,
              Gurn
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Regards,
              Gurn
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I think it's too long. Not classic Beethoven. When I hear voices on his music it somehow becomes less other-worldly. Somehow tainted. No longer pure music. Although I do love many of his songs. Can't explain it, sorry.

The vocalist here is over-pitched, over-indulgent and probably over-paid!!

Comment

Originally posted by PDG:
                  I think it's too long. Not classic Beethoven. When I hear voices on his music it somehow becomes less other-worldly. Somehow tainted. No longer pure music. Although I do love many of his songs. Can't explain it, sorry.

The vocalist here is over-pitched, over-indulgent and probably over-paid!!
                  Well Beethoven is quoted as saying the piece was not really suitable as an isolated item, but i like it a lot, especially on the admittedly rare occasion someone has the talent to sing it properly. For some really good singing, or at least some really good music, hear some tracks i just uploaded from Handel's Solomon at my handel website (check my profile), this stuff is just fantastic.

Here is a link for the text to op65, italian only alas. http://www.recmusic.org/lieder/get_t...l?TextId=11174

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 12-11-2004).]

Comment

I'm sorry for the question....but now(09.3.2005) When i click the link to the Authentic page , I can't download this song.There is only The 71th opus.I really want to download this song(Ah Perfido Op.65).How can I do it?
                    Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig:
                      I'm sorry for the question....but now(09.3.2005) When i click the link to the Authentic page , I can't download this song.There is only The 71th opus.I really want to download this song(Ah Perfido Op.65).How can I do it?
                      Thank you!
                      The page gets updated every 10 days or so to a new piece of music. I'm working my way through the opus numbered works in order, so I'm affraid you have missed Op.65.

------------------

Comment

Working...
                      X