Piano Sonatas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hofrat:

I have Malcolm Bilsen performing on period fortepianos. Just awesome!
    And Bilsen is just an average fp player...

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

The set by John O'Conor on Telarc is an excellent set. He plays with feeling and warmth and he is particularly at his best in the later sonatas. To be sure there are many fine recordings of the LvB piano sonatas and it is just a matter of whose you prefer to listen to.
      Steve

[This message has been edited by King Stephen (edited 01-01-2005).]

Comment

Ashkenazy is a waist of time... if that's dazzling intepretations and individualistic styles that you want, or you should want.

His condenza to Mozart's piano concertos are what I consider, disgraceful to the original - they are nothing but outright imitation and non-fluctuation nor passion. compare his candenza on No. 21, with Beethoven's on No. 20, then you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

Comment

Try Stephen Kovacevich. A Maestro by any reckoning His brief is labelled "Conquering Beethoven" which is a questionable phrase in my view but certainly gives some idea of his intensity and passion. PS Some of you may remember me as Tony John Hearne That person indeed I still am but I bought a new PC and simply couldn't get reconnected under my moniker Hence I am reinvented but now, sadly, as a junior member back in short trousers and waiting for a first moustache

------------------
          Love from London
          Love from London

Comment

Working...
          X