No announcement yet.

What are we listening to now ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This morning it was Piano Sonata No. 51 in G (1788)Jan Ladislav Dussek with Frederick Marvin, piano. A very lively tune.
    Later via radio will be Beethoven's Piano Sonata #24 (Alfred Brendal) and his Creatures of Prometheus.
    Also yesterday I heard Guitar Sonata in C Op 15 by Mauro Giuliani. Anyone know about this? It sounded Beethovian to me and I believe they said he was one of Beethoven's contemporaries?
    ------------------
    'Truth and beauty joined'

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited 02-26-2005).]

Comment

Amalie, here's a very detailed look at Vivaldi's life. http://www.baroquemusic.org/bqxvivaldi.html

Couldn't find a whole lot on his finances though.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
        Amalie, here's a very detailed look at Vivaldi's life. http://www.baroquemusic.org/bqxvivaldi.html

Couldn't find a whole lot on his finances though.

Joy,

I have just googled this info for you regarding Giuliani, very interesting ! http://www.tecla.com/authors/giuliani.htm

Thanks for the info on Vivaldi, I have come across before.

Just listened to Beethoven Symphony no.4
        performed by the Minnesota Orchestra.

Brahms: Symphony No.3,
        performed by the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra / Herbert von Karajan.
        ------------------

~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 02-26-2005).]
        ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

This afternoon it's Adolphe Adam's (1803-1856) complete music to his ballet Giselle ou les Wilis.
          Music in the true romatic fashion. Of his eight works for stage this is the one that stands out. It is said Adam completed the two hour score in three weeks. The work includes interpolated scenes by the composer Friedrich Burgmuller and is best known for the peasant pas de deux in Act 1 of the ballet. A very pleasant and melodic work lighting the way for Tchaikovsky.

Comment

Originally posted by King Stephen:
            This afternoon it's Adolphe Adam's (1803-1856) complete music to his ballet Giselle ou les Wilis.
            Music in the true romatic fashion. Of his eight works for stage this is the one that stands out. It is said Adam completed the two hour score in three weeks. The work includes interpolated scenes by the composer Friedrich Burgmuller and is best known for the peasant pas de deux in Act 1 of the ballet. A very pleasant and melodic work lighting the way for Tchaikovsky.
            It's been a long time since I've heard this ballet. It was presented many years ago on PBS, as I recall. Nice!

Last night was a Bach organfest for me. Every weekend I've been cycling through his complete organ works. I find them unmatched in the organ repertoire.

Comment

Hello Sorrano!
              May I ask, who is playing? How do you like BWV 544?

Originally posted by Sorrano:
              It's been a long time since I've heard this ballet. It was presented many years ago on PBS, as I recall. Nice!

Last night was a Bach organfest for me. Every weekend I've been cycling through his complete organ works. I find them unmatched in the organ repertoire.

Comment

Working...
              X