Wonderful recordings !

------------------

~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~
    ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Wagner's Siegfried 1 act. Great work.

Comment

Amalie,
        That Sextet is a great start for the morning! The whole lineup is just as you say, wonderful!

LSM,
        You have reminded me already this morning that there is music written for every taste. Enjoy

For me, it is the Symphony in d minor - #9 - Op 125 - Louis Beethoven. John Eliot Gardiner at the controls. Excellent symphony as always, excellent performance too. Just waiting for the sun to rise over the golf course...

------------------
        Regards,
        Gurn
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Regards,
        Gurn
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

For me...Mozart K379
          "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Young Wolfgang, here. Symphonies nos. 1, 4, and 7. Jolly good music!

Comment

Man,Man,Man, by Henry Purcell.

"Purcell ,who composed for ignorant and clumsy performers,was obliged to write down all the fashionable graces and embellishments of the old times,on which account,his Music soon became obsolete and old fashioned; whereas the plainess and simplicity of Corelli have given longevity to his works,which can always be modernised by a judicious performer, with very few changes or embellishments."
              this from,
              Dr.Burney's History of Music(1776)

Yes music for every taste.

"Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Woman, woman, woman!!!

Barbara Frittoli - Mozart Arias
                Sir Charles Mackerras
                Scottish Chamber Orchestra
                What a woman, what a voice, what great music!!!!

Imho, this is first rate! actually by far my disk of the month... yep!

libero pastorello

Comment

J.S. Bach - Mass in B minor (h-moll) BWV 232
                  Berliner Philharmoniker
                  Herbert von Karajan
                  Janowitz/Ludwig/Schreier/Kerns/Ridderbusch

[This message has been edited by Pastorali (edited 02-08-2005).]

Comment

Spaceray!!! Works by Henry Purcell have intrigued me lately.Would you mind describe me what kind of piece this is?
                    Originally posted by spaceray:
                    Man,Man,Man, by Henry Purcell.
                    / Geratlas syncerylie

Comment

Originally posted by Pastorali:
                      J.S. Bach - Mass in B minor (h-moll) BWV 232
                      Berliner Philharmoniker
                      Herbert von Karajan
                      Janowitz/Ludwig/Schreier/Kerns/Ridderbusch
                      Wonderful! Its back to Bach for me too ( still working my way through that Brilliant box) with Ton Koopman on the organ of the Waalse-Kerk, Amsterdam playing a variety of Fugues, Partitas and Chorales ( BWV 552,767,542,659, 645,639 and 565 for anyone who really wants to know what! ) Includes the obvious Toccata and Fugue and the Wachet Auf chorale with lots more to come on the succeeding CDS in this 40 piece set (though some of these CDs are under an hour it would be more like 30 in today's money). Wonderful anyway but I prefer my Peter Hurford tapes of this repertoire.

------------------
                      Beethoven the Man!

[This message has been edited by JA Gardiner (edited 02-08-2005).]
                      Beethoven the Man!

Comment

Romances #1 and #2 by the Great B and played by Yehudi Menuhin. What beautiful music!

------------------
                        Brilliance does not depend on your age, but on your brain!

[This message has been edited by Big D (edited 02-09-2005).]
                        Brilliance does not depend on your age, but on your brain!

Comment

Originally posted by JA Gardiner:

Wonderful! Its back to Bach for me too ( still working my way through that Brilliant box) with Ton Koopman on the organ of the Waalse-Kerk, Amsterdam playing a variety of Fugues, Partitas and Chorales ( BWV 552,767,542,659, 645,639 and 565 for anyone who really wants to know what! ) Includes the obvious Toccata and Fugue and the Wachet Auf chorale with lots more to come on the succeeding CDS in this 40 piece set (though some of these CDs are under an hour it would be more like 30 in today's money). Wonderful anyway but I prefer my Peter Hurford tapes of this repertoire.

[/B]
                          Judith
                          Really wonderful indeed! I also purchased two Brilliant sets on Bach (10CDs Secular Cantatas + 4CDs Chorals) and I find them very likeable. Though I have to confess, I still stay at the begin of my Bach exploration, which could become a long way then... However, it's good fun

Right now, it's a disk with Symphonies of Joseph Martin Kraus. Probably the #3 of the Naxos serie, it sounds splendid, fiery and lively - excellent and typical Kraus. If I just would know, what excactly they are playing there...

[This message has been edited by Pastorali (edited 02-09-2005).]

Comment

Wonderful to be back here again!
                            Me attention has caught the opera-ballet Les fêtes d'Hébé by Rameau. It's marvellous music - very inventive!

Early Baroque music is, though, even more magical and I would like to plunge in it thoroughly.

Comment

French music for me too, Olivier Messiaen,
                              The Quartet for the End of Time.
                              Interesting music.
                              "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

I am listening to the Symphony in d minor - #2 - Op 42 - Georges Onslow (1784-1853) - This is just outstanding music, from a man who had the huge misfortune to be born in the time of the greatest symphonist. No ones work can avoid being overshadowed by Beethoven's, especially if written in 1815! In any other day and time, this would be called "great music". In this day and time, I am doing exactly that!

------------------
                                Regards,
                                Gurn
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                Regards,
                                Gurn
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment